PDA

View Full Version : WebcamStudio for GNU/Linux 0.16 is released! Let's get busy with a virtual webcam!

patrickballeux
October 2nd, 2008, 11:48 PM
Hi people,

WebcamStudio for GNU/Linux 0.16 is now available on sourceforge.net

http://webcamstudio.wiki.sourceforge.net/

This software will let you create a virtual webcam like ManyCam does for Windows users. There is a bunch of features and it is compatible with Flash site (using Flash 10)

I need more testers to validate the stability and make sure that is works well.

You do not need any webcam as you can simply broadcast your desktop, images or movies as a virtual webcam.

See the wiki for the new features...

The project tries to give a fun and easy solution for the non-geek user to be able to broadcast in their own style.

Read the wiki for installation, you'll need the vloopback module from the Flashcam project to broadcast in a virtual webcam. But without you can at least see the results in the preview display.

Thanks!

patrickballeux
October 10th, 2008, 04:57 AM
Next release is coming, with new features again...

Traxis has made a lot of new Animations and Faces to play with, have a look on the wiki page "Animation Files" and on "Face Files".

For those who would want to see WebcamStudio in action, go to:
http://www.blogtv.com/People/patrickballeux

There are recordings and I do some live shows from time to time.

Have a nice day!

Polygon
October 10th, 2008, 10:19 AM
i will have to try this out when i get a free minute.

Nevon
October 10th, 2008, 11:19 AM
This is EXACTLY what I was looking for a couple of months ago. I solved it by setting my webcam to snap a photo every second and then have a website that automatically updated that image as soon as a new one became available - faking a video stream.
However, this is way better since you can have both sound and true video.

patrickballeux
October 10th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Hi,

See the "Flash and Jack" wiki page on the project to discover how to use Jack as the audio source for the Flash player.

That is what I do, and I am able to broadcast music and my voice on different channel, with special effects if I want to...

patrickballeux
October 10th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Have a look at the project, version 0.17 was just released...

LaRoza
October 10th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Have a look at the project, version 0.17 was just released...

Do you want this closed?

It may be easier to have one thread and just update the OP as the program grows.

patrickballeux
October 10th, 2008, 09:13 PM
You're right, it would be easier ... I'll start a new single thread for all version.

Yes, you can close this thread.

Thanks for the tip.

patrickballeux
October 10th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Could you close all other thread like this one exept for the latest titled "WebcamStudio for GNU/Linux: All the news on the project" as I will use this one to update the news.

Thank you for your support.