PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] trying to find 8.04 (not 8.04.1)

N00b-un-2
October 2nd, 2008, 10:38 AM
I've been having nothing but problems with my laptop for a little while and as near as I can tell, all my problems arose when 8.04.1 came out. My laptop worked perfectly before and now I have no graphics acceleration using the intel X3100 that used to work magnificently. My atheros wifi card keeps on crapping out and I need to keep uninstalling and reinstallind madwifi and then modprobe the components to get it to work again. Ubuntu worked perfectly for several months with 8.04 stable, until 8.04.1 came out and broke my laptop

I formatted and installed Gutsy 7.10, and most of my issues have been solved but my graphics card will only run in software rendering (which is better than with 8.04.1, but not by much. Games are unplayable but at least compiz works). I really want to be able to play UrbanTerror on my laptop.

iponeverything
October 2nd, 2008, 10:43 AM
download the hardy live CD and I think you will be getting 8.04.

After you do the update via update manager, I think that your kicked up to 8.04.1. someone correct me if I am wrong.

vishzilla
October 2nd, 2008, 10:55 AM
the ISOs will have the latest milestone release ie 8.04.1. you might find an old torrent, try linuxtracker.org