PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] No more icons

Creachimpy
October 2nd, 2008, 08:48 AM
The pannels suddenly don't have any icons after an upgrade to Ubuntu 8.04?? Also the desktop is gone. Everything is still nicely configured through the menu "environment". (I'm guessing the English menu name..)

When I run the hardwaretest I also didn't see striped bars (?) on my screen. Before this I used 7.10 and everything worked fine. The other 11 PC's that have the exact same hardware and had the exact same upgrade work all fine.

Does anyone know how to resolve this problem??

Creachimpy
October 2nd, 2008, 09:54 AM
I've got the icons back! By unchecking the option "show icons in menus", pressing "apply" and then checking the option "show icons in menus" again, the icons reappear! :D

BUT the same doesn't go for the background.. :(

Perhaps there was a problem with the update of the packet that takes care of the background and stuff like that?? Or the old config-file is still alive and incompatible with the new packet?? (this could explain why the uncheck-check-method worked?)

But which packet that is responsible for this should I reinstall?? Or where can I find the config-file for the backgrounds and stuff?? Perhaps I can copy one of my other machines and solve the problem that way??