PDA

View Full Version : Where is the link to Not OMGPP??

eragon100
October 2nd, 2008, 07:45 AM
Wouldn't there be a link for two weeks to

http://grubbn.org/omgpp/index.php

after OMGPP was closed? Where is it??

Canis familiaris
October 2nd, 2008, 07:45 AM
Exactly. I was wondering about the same.

Bucky Ball
October 2nd, 2008, 07:47 AM
As far as I know, that forum was to be closed. Don't know about the link though.

hansdown
October 2nd, 2008, 07:48 AM
Hi eragon100.

That link seems to redirect me.

Canis familiaris
October 2nd, 2008, 07:53 AM
Hi eragon100.

That link seems to redirect me.

You are misunderstanding. :)

Actually we were told that instead of the OMGPP in forum, there would be a link which would redirect to NOMGPP which has not happened.

DrMega
October 2nd, 2008, 11:58 AM
You are misunderstanding. :)

Actually we were told that instead of the OMGPP in forum, there would be a link which would redirect to NOMGPP which has not happened.

That would be because the Ubuntu Forums admins have decided to go up market and want no association with OMGPP, it's alternives or its regular users because they don't want riff raff like us:)

sanderella
October 2nd, 2008, 12:04 PM
It's goorrn.:(

mips
October 2nd, 2008, 12:32 PM

What people are told and what happens in reality are two different things. It's how life works ;)

fatality_uk
October 2nd, 2008, 01:23 PM
What people are told and what happens in reality are two different things. It's how life works ;)

So true. Remember Father Christmas. As far I knew, he existed. Then when I turned 25, my Mum broke the news to me. GUTTED :|

LaRoza
October 2nd, 2008, 01:24 PM
Wouldn't there be a link for two weeks to

http://grubbn.org/omgpp/index.php

after OMGPP was closed? Where is it??

Right here.

Now that there is a link, no need to complain :-)

Calmatory
October 2nd, 2008, 01:51 PM
They don't want people to leave UF.... they are afraid NOMGPP will steal their userbase.... heard this from someone...

;)

pp.
October 2nd, 2008, 01:56 PM
What people are told and what happens in reality are two different things.

That's just too tough on reality.

mips
October 2nd, 2008, 03:32 PM
So true. Remember Father Christmas. As far I knew, he existed. Then when I turned 25, my Mum broke the news to me. GUTTED :|

You are lucky you had that memory until age 25. i lost my innocents at age 6 I think :)

eragon100
October 2nd, 2008, 03:35 PM
They don't want people to leave UF.... they are afraid NOMGPP will steal their userbase.... heard this from someone...

;)

Sounds logical to me.

DrMega
October 2nd, 2008, 03:59 PM
You are lucky you had that memory until age 25. i lost my innocents at age 6 I think :)

What's all this rubbish about father christmas not existing? I seem him every year in the various shopping malls.

Besides, he must exist. Otherwise who brings the presents?

Joeb454
October 2nd, 2008, 04:01 PM
Nobody said OMGPP would redirect to NOMGPP for 2 weeks. If I remember corretly - the admins were asked if it could be done, and said they would consider it.

Nobody said it would definitely happen

LaRoza
October 2nd, 2008, 04:45 PM
What's all this rubbish about father christmas not existing? I seem him every year in the various shopping malls.

Morrigan is going to be instituted this year as a replacement.

Besides, he must exist. Otherwise who brings the presents?
Presents? I wish I got presents...

Canis familiaris
October 2nd, 2008, 05:11 PM
I doubt whether a permanent link would be added, but I was wondering since now these threads (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=936030) are not allowed. So during closure could the mods and admins please put a link to NOMGPP. At least for some few more days in order to ease out the transition to OMGPPless UF.

schauerlich
October 2nd, 2008, 06:15 PM
Nobody said OMGPP would redirect to NOMGPP for 2 weeks. If I remember corretly - the admins were asked if it could be done, and said they would consider it.

Nobody said it would definitely happen

The phrasing was rather vague. U-G said during the FC meeting that "links to alternate forums would be provided for 2 weeks." Whether that means from when OMGPP closed or when the decision was made is up to interpretation. No one asked for a redirect, and I didn't think I'd get more than a link in a sticky (which was provided in OMGPP before it closed.) I talked to matthew over PM and he said most people who wanted to make the transition probably already know about it. That works for me. And, hey, we've got this thread kicking around. Word of mouth works too :)