PDA

View Full Version : When 8.10 cames out?

Sycron
October 1st, 2008, 04:45 PM
I'm just wondering when it comes. At least the beta version.

rbmorse
October 1st, 2008, 04:50 PM
Beta sked for tomorrow. Final sked for end of the month. Don't be surprised if both releases slip a day or two...that's perfectly normal.

Sycron
October 1st, 2008, 04:51 PM
Well, my mates can wait for the new version.

aaaantoine
October 1st, 2008, 10:04 PM
Hmm...

If Ubuntu 8.10 gets delayed until November 1st, wouldn't it technically be 8.11?

zmjjmz
October 1st, 2008, 10:32 PM
Hmm...

If Ubuntu 8.10 gets delayed until November 1st, wouldn't it technically be 8.11?

Yes.
It's not like it hasn't happened before. Dapper Drake was supposed to be 6.04, but it got delayed 6 weeks to 6.06.

bufsabre666
October 1st, 2008, 10:52 PM
even if its 8.11 ill like it just as much, this release is looking to be awesome, the only thing i dont like about it is the name, but i cant do anything about that now can i

Sycron
October 2nd, 2008, 02:13 PM
Well all of you mean that Intrepid Ibex will not be released today ?

It's not a problem, but i really need CD covers for my friend. I just want to spread Ubuntu as much as I can :P.

Sycron
October 3rd, 2008, 04:11 PM
Is there a ubuntu 8.10 live CD ? I don't have a DVD. And I just want something simple. Not an liveDVD bloated with repositories and debs.

earthpigg
October 3rd, 2008, 04:22 PM
just burn him an 8.04 live cd... its not like its that out of date, being only 6 months old ;)

Sycron
October 3rd, 2008, 04:34 PM
I found somewhere misplaced through Ubuntu Alpha LiveCD's an 8.04 Live CD. I took it at school and it's just ok but I miss the 8.10 features.

I just don't know why Ubuntu 8.10 Alpha 6 don't work at school's computer...
I boot from CD I choose try Ubuntu and then a blank screen take forever. I hear the Ubuntu startup sound but my screen is still black.No signal.

CTRL-ALT-F1,F2, etc doesn't work.

earthpigg
October 3rd, 2008, 04:43 PM
its alpha...

if you want to use alpha or beta builds, you should familiarize yourself with the bug reporting and tracking mechanisms the Ubuntu site has. :)

out of curiosity, though, what features of 8.10 do you miss the most going back to 8.04?

(so i can get a sneak preview of what i have to look forward to)

Sycron
October 3rd, 2008, 04:49 PM
Hey, I was using 8.10 for reporting bugs (https://bugs.launchpad.net/~opensoft).I miss Network manager 0.7.0, the out of the box atheros drivers, the new compiz-fusion, pidgin 2.5.1, latest mozilla and in general the newest versions of software. I dislike that In previews versions of ubuntu (<=8.04) I have a problem with my external monitor ans is getting on my nerves too. I'm ashamed to start ubuntu in public because in <=8.04 when X is starting I get some parts of top and bottom bar and is NOT eyecandy at all when compiz fusion is on.

There are alot of reasons that don't come in my mind right now but the most important is the NM 0.7.0. Is the biggest realisation for ubuntu.