PDA

View Full Version : What did I do?

NintendoTogepi
October 1st, 2008, 02:37 AM
I click on my Ubuntu Forums link and at the top of the page is a big green box with text saying something to the effect of the note above, but referring to me and slightly different.

I wasn't aware I posted any offensive or problem causing posts? :(

jimrz
October 1st, 2008, 02:40 AM
I click on my Ubuntu Forums link and at the top of the page is a big green box with text saying something to the effect of the note above, but referring to me and slightly different.

I wasn't aware I posted any offensive or problem causing posts? :(

me, too. maybe they changed it to where everyone sees that box now?

cardinals_fan
October 1st, 2008, 02:41 AM
Everyone sees that box after their first visit to the forum in the past few hours. OMG PiNk PoNiEs just shut down, redirecting off-topic chatter to the Cafe.

blithen
October 1st, 2008, 02:41 AM
Yeah I got it too, So I think just everyone got it. I got scared there for a moment. >.>

-grubby
October 1st, 2008, 02:42 AM
Yeah, that was just a reminder because the omgpp was closed. Don't worry about it

Dr Small
October 1st, 2008, 02:43 AM
I only got it once. It was big and bulky. Kinda hard to miss, unlike the stickies :S

linuxisfree
October 1st, 2008, 02:44 AM
Oh, so THAT'S what it was...

niteshifter
October 1st, 2008, 02:45 AM
Hi,

Same thing I did: nothing. Generic notice, probably in response to a spitting match on some thread here.

However it appeared for me when I connected to the ubuntuforums.org site, before I logged in. And I really must protest: It called me "unregistered".

Beg y'alls pardon, but I am "registered", have a birth certificate and everything and (contrary to the opinions of some) even know who my parents are ;)

hansdown
October 1st, 2008, 02:46 AM
I only got it once. It was big and bulky. Kinda hard to miss, unlike the stickies :S

I know what you mean.

jpeddicord
October 1st, 2008, 02:46 AM
Hi,

Same thing I did: nothing. Generic notice, probably in response to a spitting match on some thread here.

However it appeared for me when I connected to the ubuntuforums.org site, before I logged in. And I really must protest: It called me "unregistered".

Beg y'alls pardon, but I am "registered", have a birth certificate and everything and (contrary to the opinions of some) even know who my parents are ;)

It was because OMG pInK pOnIeS (The Backyard) was closed a few hours ago.

cardinals_fan
October 1st, 2008, 02:49 AM
Sorry, I did the miscapitalization wrong :)

Polygon
October 1st, 2008, 02:57 AM
wait i missed it, why did OMGPP close down?

jpeddicord
October 1st, 2008, 03:08 AM
wait i missed it, why did OMGPP close down?

In a nutshell: It was getting out of control. The scope of the Cafe has been expanded a little to accommodate the change, but there is no religion or politics allowed unless directly related to the open-source community.

DrMega
October 2nd, 2008, 12:42 PM

It was just to remind the unwelcome riff raff from OMGPP that we have to behave ourselves.

mrdosa
October 2nd, 2008, 12:47 PM
Thank God I am not the ONE! :D Was kinda a worried for a while!:guitar:
Peace..no more arguments!

davidryder
October 2nd, 2008, 12:50 PM
What was that?!

http://www.natasafety1st.org/posters/1993_What_Was_That.jpg

mips
October 2nd, 2008, 12:59 PM
...but there is no religion or politics allowed unless directly related to the open-source community.

That statement is false ;)

WorldTripping
October 2nd, 2008, 01:29 PM
In a nutshell: It was getting out of control. The scope of the Cafe has been expanded a little to accommodate the change, but there is no religion or politics allowed unless directly related to the open-source community.

Wasn't that the entire reason for the existence of OMGPP ??

I'd be interested to see the reasoning behind the dictat.

Was this an open vote between forum staff ?

Are we, the mere forum mortals allowed to know how / why this decision was taken ?

lisati
October 2nd, 2008, 01:35 PM

That statement is false ;)

Just to confirm that I have read the notices about being super-duper-cautious-and-avoid-it-if-you-can about introducing religion and politics into the forums. The OMGPP discussions did get a tad intense at times.

LaRoza
October 2nd, 2008, 01:42 PM
I'd be interested to see the reasoning behind the dictat.

Was this an open vote between forum staff ?

Are we, the mere forum mortals allowed to know how / why this decision was taken ?

The FC made the decision at the last FC meeting. Anyone could have attended the meeting and the log is open for viewing (although I don't know where it is at the moment)

Tristam Green
October 2nd, 2008, 01:49 PM
Also, it wasn't on display in a locked file cabinet in a disused lavatory marked with a sign reading "Beware of the Leopard", which was in a cellar lacking lights and stairs.