PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] video hardware drivers

ynell
October 1st, 2008, 01:08 AM
I'm one of those kids that came to Linux after using Windows for my entire life so the difference in how drivers work can get sort of aggravating -_-

I didn't really notice much until i started playing ut2k4 and half of the map was missing -_- IE i could see through the entire map or buildings etc. Then I fished around google for someone who had the same problem and wound up installing some more drivers in which case i restarted my computer and it put me in some crazy low resolution so i uninstalled the drivers and everything is good now.. But any game i play is just really choppy or i can see through everything. It made ut2k4 completely unplayable.. It was also acting like i had 500 ping and was lagging like crazy.. but it said i had 64 so I'm not sure if that would be video or not..

Graphics card - Radeon X850XT

Another thing is that I bought 4 gigs of RAM (2 sticks of 2 gigs) and installed those into my computer the same day i installed Linux, so I suppose it's possible one or even both of the sticks is bad.. I was going to run Memtest but didn't feel like trying to build the whole thing because all of that is still confusing to me :/

So If anyone could help me get the right drivers and uninstall what I don't need and all that.. it would be insaneellyyyy appreciated! :]

Thanks for your help
:]

ynell
October 4th, 2008, 07:54 PM
I'm still looking for a solution if anybody has a suggestion

Thanks again