PDA

View Full Version : i had a really wierd dream last night

BlackLLama
September 30th, 2008, 09:58 PM
does anyone know of an appropriate forum, that can help me relize what these dreams meant, or does someone wanna chat on pidgin.

these dream werent surealistic or abstract in nature, but was just three kinda everyday events that have lead a path i have never experienced, i woke up confused this morning.:confused:

edit: though this may not apply to you, in my eyes, understanding these dreams and there symbolizm may be life changing. as im in an situation

cardinals_fan
September 30th, 2008, 10:04 PM
I had a dream where we had a down-the-line (where each person plays a part of a piece and receives a grade) over all 200+ measures of our hardest piece in band. Then I woke up with a horrible headache from my sinus infection and realized it was all a dream :)

smoker
September 30th, 2008, 10:05 PM
this may be worth a look:
http://www.dreammoods.com/

BlackLLama
September 30th, 2008, 10:06 PM
also the scary thing, i was having one of those completly real dreams, like i was positive i was awake, my pineal gland is messing with me hard

edit: i also wanna add my dream had three parts, one of the parts occured today! but with a different outcome. like how did my dream know what i was going to do today

sydbat
September 30th, 2008, 10:12 PM
Someone started a similar thread on my forum (http://forum.capi7.ca/index.php?topic=1623.msg27629#new).

If you register (free), you can post more details and ask questions there.

BlackLLama
September 30th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Someone started a similar thread on my forum (http://forum.capi7.ca/index.php?topic=1623.msg27629#new).

If you register (free), you can post more details and ask questions there.

posting now

uberdonkey5
September 30th, 2008, 10:41 PM
does anyone know of an appropriate forum, that can help me relize what these dreams meant, or does someone wanna chat on pidgin.

these dream werent surealistic or abstract in nature, but was just three kinda everyday events that have lead a path i have never experienced, i woke up confused this morning.:confused:

edit: though this may not apply to you, in my eyes, understanding these dreams and there symbolizm may be life changing. as im in an situation

dude, you have to tell us what the dreams were, they we can read something freudian into them.

Some American Indian tribes believed you should live out your dreams, but I don't recommend that.

Dreams are often suppressed feelings. For example, if your boss shouted at you at work but you didn't shout back you may have a dream that you are killing your boss. I think this is why alot of dream predictions say the opposite of what they are (e.g. if you dream of money, you are likely to loose alot of money).

I once drempt I was pregnant (but was still a man), and I was once a rabbit running away from a farmer. he he. Once I even dreamed I was captured by femenist neo-nazis, and I had to escape and stop them firing a nuclear rocket...(true!)

mike1234
September 30th, 2008, 10:42 PM
I have disturbing dreams all the time. I wouldn't get too hung up on their "meaning". There are scores of books on this subject. Most of it is B.S. Designed to sell books (imagine that). Examine your dreams, write it down on paper if you can, and you'll find it's just your subconscious replaying video snippets of your day back to you. With a little drama thrown in such as your fears over jobs, relationships, etc. It's really kind of simple. But anyone who chooses to can subscribe to the melodrama. I found it's just a waste of time.

M.

crimesaucer
September 30th, 2008, 10:45 PM
"I had a dream last night that a hamburger was eating ME!" - Jerry Seinfeld

BlackLLama
September 30th, 2008, 10:47 PM
MY DREAm;

right now i'm a young man who is preparing to leave his small home town.
and im shortly moving to the city of santa cruz, i am preparing to leave most my
friends behind, and i have been very anxious latley, and beggining to miss all
memories, especially since im leaving early, most of my friends are still in high school
due to the fact i got my G.E.D. and im would be a senior if i did not. i noticed since
the end of last year i have alienated myself from the people and the highschool groups
i would see daily. I even drifted away from a girl over the summer when we really
had something good going.

theres my context around my dream, the real life context, that i believe my dream was
trying to get something across, something important.

my dream had 3 major parts, all interlaced.

first part, I'm in a classroom, and for somereason i knew class was just about to end.
so i did what most kids do and go and stand by the door, and prepare to leave. this
younger girl i have a crush on(never put effort into this girl because she younger). we
exchange 2 sentences, then she looks me in the eyes, and says something sigificant, i forget
exactly but it was like i would really love to spend time with you, something like that.
I remember i respond, and her still looking me in the eye, say "uh, i wasn't talking to you"

the dream goes on,

for somereason it seems the whole school is in the gym. but its not the gym how i remember it,
it had many corridors on the edge you know, so its like really a building with a indoor courtyard,
i leave all the students to one of the corridoors, i approach a lady behind a desk, the desk was
very high though? i had to reach up and she handed me my G.E.D. , but this is where i think
its symbolizm she also handed me exactly $63. then i walked back to the students

and i dont really remember much on except how the dream ended,

(context not dream: one time as a punishment my dad removed my door from my room, it
is still removed)

the dream ended with me in my bed the door was open(so that i couldn't tell if there was a door or not)
, there was a loud noise coming from out myroom, it was annoying me,
tell the door shut very violently. and the dream ended

this was one of the most complex dreams i have ever had, what do you make of it.

edit: sorry for not posting sooner, i thought this topic may have had no place here

mike1234
September 30th, 2008, 10:48 PM
Once I even dreamed I was captured by femenist neo-nazis, and I had to escape and stop them firing a nuclear rocket...(true!)

This is classic Freudian.

M.

crimesaucer
September 30th, 2008, 10:48 PM
".....dude, you have to tell us what the dreams were, they we can read something freudian into them....."

You might also mean Jungian since he dealt so much with dreams and the unconscious: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dream_interpretation#Jung

BlackLLama
September 30th, 2008, 10:55 PM
i posted my dream and context that may help you understand, its on page 1

sydbat
September 30th, 2008, 11:03 PM
And I have replied to your query on my forum.

uberdonkey5
September 30th, 2008, 11:35 PM
MY DREAm;

and im shortly moving to the city of santa cruz, i am preparing to leave most my
memories, especially since im leaving early, most of my friends are still in high school
due to the fact i got my G.E.D. and im would be a senior if i did not. i noticed since
the end of last year i have alienated myself from the people and the highschool groups
i would see daily. I even drifted away from a girl over the summer when we really

theres my context around my dream, the real life context, that i believe my dream was

first part, I'm in a classroom, and for somereason i knew class was just about to end.
so i did what most kids do and go and stand by the door, and prepare to leave. this
younger girl i have a crush on(never put effort into this girl because she younger). we
exchange 2 sentences, then she looks me in the eyes, and says something sigificant, i forget
exactly but it was like i would really love to spend time with you, something like that.
I remember i respond, and her still looking me in the eye, say "uh, i wasn't talking to you"

the dream goes on,

for somereason it seems the whole school is in the gym. but its not the gym how i remember it,
it had many corridors on the edge you know, so its like really a building with a indoor courtyard,
i leave all the students to one of the corridoors, i approach a lady behind a desk, the desk was
very high though? i had to reach up and she handed me my G.E.D. , but this is where i think
its symbolizm she also handed me exactly $63. then i walked back to the students

(context not dream: one time as a punishment my dad removed my door from my room, it
is still removed)

the dream ended with me in my bed the door was open(so that i couldn't tell if there was a door or not)

this was one of the most complex dreams i have ever had, what do you make of it.

edit: sorry for not posting sooner, i thought this topic may have had no place here

whoaahhhhhhhhhh that is heavy. Really you can remove everything and just think of the emotional content.

feeling (fear) of detatchment
feeling (fear) of rejection
your room is really your 'safe haven' so there is some fear of invasion of your private space (or possibly of detatchment from where you are now, like going somewhere else)

Thats my guess. Depends how you felt about it. I mean, was it a bad dream? Or were you not that bothered? Thanks for sharing dude!

smuki
October 1st, 2008, 12:01 AM
A ton of times dreams are part of what we are thinking about before we crash, things that we stress over and sometimes just really random.

DrMega
October 2nd, 2008, 12:50 PM
MY DREAm;

the dream goes on,

is still removed)

Sounds to me like you are feeling insecure and uneasy about an upcoming change in your life. The bit about the bedroom door slamming shut violently might mean that you subconsciously fear that you are shutting the door on your freinds and family (or that they are shutting it on you) and so you find yourself completely alone.

Or it could have just been a crazy dream that means nothing.

Polygon
October 2nd, 2008, 01:01 PM
Once I even dreamed I was captured by femenist neo-nazis, and I had to escape and stop them firing a nuclear rocket...(true!)

why cant I have dreams like that >.<

billgoldberg
October 2nd, 2008, 01:48 PM
Most of the time you dream about what you experienced in the day, but only because in your mind you can do whatever you want, it migth seem a bit weird.

Don't look to deep into it.