PDA

View Full Version : Please recommend Web Based "Group" Site

Dr. Nick
November 22nd, 2005, 05:53 AM
Not sure if this has been discussed before, If it has please point me in that direction.

What I would like to do is make a group board which would host a discussion area, sort of like a forum does, but not on that big of a scale

I would like it to have the abality to create sub groups.

It must be free and I would like it not to require users to sign in to post, if they must make it a easy registration.

I have thought about yahoo groups and also saw http://www.smartgroups.com. Has anyone used the latter, Yahoo would be OK but each user would need a yahoo email account.

If this group takes off it would only be heavily active 2 or so times a year I assume, and alot of the memebers would only post a few times, thats why I want it to be easy to access.

My plan is to make a place where people from my local area can go to exchange textbooks so it would only be active around the new semesters. For this reason I would like to be able to delete the group at the end so it will be empty for the next time

I will not be hosting this page but instead would like to have it on existing site. Anyone have any recommendations or other ideas?

23meg
November 22nd, 2005, 06:06 AM
Take a look at google groups.