PDA

View Full Version : Two weeks without internet, I thought I might die

Darkade
September 30th, 2008, 04:36 AM
Hi again! missed me? I though you woldn't LOL
Thing is that today I finally got my internet back... after two weeks!! I was told there were "administrative problems" (For some reason they said I had canceled my contract :confused:) but I got it back and I must say: It was NOT human!! I mean it I didn't knew how much I needed internet, or at least was used to it. For example, every single time I wanted to knew someting I couldn't help my self opening firefox or opera and google something just to find out that "The conection has timed out" :P

So what do you think? Is having no internet inhuman?:LOLFLAG:

anystupidname
September 30th, 2008, 04:44 AM
Hi again! missed me? I though you woldn't LOL
Thing is that today I finally got my internet back... after two weeks!! I was told there were "administrative problems" (For some reason they said I had canceled my contract :confused:) but I got it back and I must say: It was NOT human!! I mean it I didn't knew how much I needed internet, or at least was used to it. For example, every single time I wanted to knew someting I couldn't help my self opening firefox or opera and google something just to find out that "The conection has timed out" :P

So what do you think? Is having no internet inhuman?:LOLFLAG:

OK, now contestants, for our next challenge, we will shut down the internet for a month...

perlluver
September 30th, 2008, 04:46 AM
OK, now contestants, for our next challenge, we will shut down the internet for a month...

Noes, don't do that, I might die.

zmjjmz
September 30th, 2008, 04:48 AM
Wimps.
I spent an entire month without internet access back in 2007 when I was 14.

Cope57
September 30th, 2008, 04:49 AM
Maybe kids would find more constructive things to do if their was no Internet.
Before video games, kids actually went out and played with real friends. Imagine that, actual three dimensional playmates, not just a .jpg!

zmjjmz
September 30th, 2008, 04:53 AM
Maybe kids would find more constructive things to do if their was no Internet.
Before video games, kids actually went out and played with real friends. Imagine that, actual three dimensional playmates, not just a .jpg!

Or, god forbid, get on a bike and go somewhere!

I probably can survive no internet because I go to school for most of my day, and I don't have internet access there.

Sephoroth
September 30th, 2008, 05:00 AM
Reminds me of the question of how in the heck did I live in the 90's with dial up...then that brings up the question of what people did back in the 80's.

bufsabre666
September 30th, 2008, 06:08 AM
october storm in 2006 that hit the western ny region knocked out my power completely for 9 days and my internet for 17, for those first 9 i wanted to die, it was cold everyday and no heat cause the heater might be natural gas and worked but the fan to move it was electric so that sucked, and even without internet i could find stuff to do on a computer but without power is worse. but yes being without the internet is the worst, you never realize how dependent we are till we are without