PDA

View Full Version : How often do you change your email address?

jamieh
September 30th, 2008, 02:54 AM
I have used the same Gmail address since 2005, but I know some people that change theirs like every two weeks.

How often do you change your email address?

NET WT
September 30th, 2008, 03:07 AM
I don't change mine often, but I do have several accounts. I have one gmail account, and some others.

OutOfReach
September 30th, 2008, 03:11 AM
Very rarely. I only have 2 (hotmail & gmail), but I am slowly leaning toward gmail and I plan to delete the hotmail account.

binbash
September 30th, 2008, 03:13 AM
I have one from 1997 : ) but i am not using it much right now.my new one is 3 years old

Ms_Angel_D
September 30th, 2008, 03:14 AM
I believe my gmail address I'v had since 2003/2004 Everything forwards to that, so changing it would be a hassle (especially since I maintain like 16 websites) but even my ISP email account forwards to that one email address. TBH I would like to change it just because of the amount of spam I seem to get on the that account, but It really would be a pain especially with all my net accounts tied to that email address.

Prior to Gmail I can't even remember offhand what Email Service I used.

TheSlipstream
September 30th, 2008, 03:15 AM
I've had my hotmail since...man, 2002 I think. And my Gmail since a couple of years ago. I got a Yahoo recently, and I plan to make it my main address, Yahoo being traditional and all, and also because my other two are now spam magnets.

Of course, Yahoo is hooked up to Thunderbird. I wouldn't wish that interface on my worst enemy.

niccholaspage
September 30th, 2008, 03:19 AM
I have had hotmail since like 4 years. Have never changed anything. Though I am planning to convert to Gmail.

JetskiDude911
September 30th, 2008, 04:03 AM
I don't change mine much at all. I got my main one soon after Gmail began beta testing. I still use it. My newer one is more of a private address. I don't give it out to a lot of people. The newer one is the one I use with Google Docs, Reader and all the other Google apps.

I've had my work email address for 2 and a half years now. That's about it.

KiwiNZ
September 30th, 2008, 04:12 AM
I have used my current main email address since 1995

vishzilla
September 30th, 2008, 04:13 AM
Using gmail since 2006. I have 2 email addresses, one personal and other my junk drop box. :D

Before that used Yahoo since 1999.

RedPandaFox
September 30th, 2008, 04:14 AM
Iv had mine since '01, I have a gmail for a couple of years, only for things I dont want people knowing about (I dont tell it to anyone)

mike1234
September 30th, 2008, 04:16 AM
Very rarely. I only have 2 (hotmail & gmail), but I am slowly leaning toward gmail and I plan to delete the hotmail account.

Best way of deleting hotmail is stop using it. I've had a hotmail address for years. Finally let it go because it was 99.999% junk mail. Very annoying. I have TWC road runner. email cannot be changed, but I can add "accounts".

M.

david_lynch
September 30th, 2008, 04:17 AM
I've kept most of the same email addresses I've had since 1996, and added additional ones. The only time I've given up an email address is when the domain of the email address has gone away/gone under, which has happened occasionally.

Northsider
September 30th, 2008, 05:18 AM
I used to change it a lot when I had hotmail and yahoo accounts. Ever since getting Gmail I have not changed it...I just love it.

Greyed
September 30th, 2008, 05:24 AM
I registered my domain on 17-May-2000 and have had the same email address since. Since I run my own mail server chances are I'll have this address for many years to come.

ModdTaco
September 30th, 2008, 05:32 AM
I've used my main one since 2001. Recently got 2 new ones. One for personal and one for my business. So now I use all three.

Corfy
October 1st, 2008, 02:58 AM
I have had my main email account since 2004, but I only give out that address sparingly. However, I have created about a dozen secondary email addresses and use those for most of my online activities (such as forums). When I start getting too much junk on a particular address, I create a new secondary account, log into the forum (or forums, as the case may be) and switch to that account, and then shut down the secondary account that is getting slammed. It has helped me keep my spam down, and it helps me organize my emails.

Just one of the nice things about getting hundreds of email addresses and thousands of email aliases with from my website host.

rsambuca
October 1st, 2008, 03:44 AM
I have two. I always use one for signups, and only check it to retrieve the confirmation notices and whatnot. I don't know what list I got on, but that one gets hundreds of spam a day. My newer one has not had a single spam in three years now. I have only given it out to certain individuals with whom I correspond.

bufsabre666
October 1st, 2008, 03:56 AM
i have my emails set up so one gets a seperate type of mail, all my important stuff goes to @roadrunner, personal goes to gmail, newsletters goes to yahoo, etc

as to when i change them, somewhere between not very often and never, closer to the latter.

Landie_UK
October 1st, 2008, 05:28 AM
I have had my main email since 1998 it has a spam filter which works really well only get 2-5 mails a day including 1 which shows the contents of my spam folder. I have had a Hotmail email since 2000 don't use it much same with Yahoo. I have a free email which came with our domain name it's full of junk everyday I don't even read them just click delete delete delete.

I don't need a bigger ***** (ask my Wife), I don't need ****** or similar (ask my Wife), I don't need cheap meds and I certainly am not looking for Russian/Asian bride (Wife won't let me).

asianette
October 1st, 2008, 08:14 AM
I started with hotmail in, I think 2001, and then went around to Yahoo, Excite, and various others. I can't say how many times I've changed my email (I know it's at least 25), but I had Gmail back in 2004 when it was still invite-only. I think I've had 6 different Gmail accounts since then, maybe more. I had to change it again in April because of harassment, so I've been using that since.

I also have the email address attached to my website to keep it separate from personal stuff.

CrazyArcher
October 1st, 2008, 10:27 AM
I have 2 Gmail addresses, one for official stuff and another one for any other purposes. The first one is 3 years old, and the second one is even older. Both are hooked to Opera's mail client. I used to have a Yahoo box long-long-long time ago, but it's been growing mold for years. Can't think about a reason to change my current addreses.

Ozor Mox
October 1st, 2008, 05:29 PM
I registered a domain name for myself back in 2001 and so I always have the same email address no matter what I'm using for my email, plus I can use it for a website. Before I did that, I used to change my email address often enough that it would annoy a lot of my friends and family :)