PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Getting C++ IDE in Ubuntu

AudioGoose45
September 29th, 2008, 08:21 PM
I'm kinda new around these parts, and I got a ton of questions. I think this is the right place to post this type of question. If not, then I ask that a mod move this to the correct sub-forum.

I just installed Ubuntu 8 onto my laptop, which I am using for school. One of the things that I am trying to do at the moment is see if there is a way that I can do my C++ work in Ubuntu, without having to use a school computer. Basically I am looking for an alternative to Visual Studio. I found eclipse, and I've heard that there is a C++ plugin for it. If so, where can I find it and a tutorial on installing it?

Another question I have is in regards to assembler. My degree plan calls for some work in assembler later on down the road, and am wondering if there's any utilities available that can run in ubuntu that will allow for this?

Thank you...

skirkpatrick
September 29th, 2008, 08:47 PM
The Eclipse plugin you want is called CDT and you can find the instructions for installing it into an existing Eclipse installation here. (http://www.eclipse.org/cdt/downloads.php)