PDA

View Full Version : My Little Ubuntu Blog!

Toshibawarrior
September 29th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Hi guys! I thought I'd post this here! Well, I've been working on a little Ubuntu blog for noobs and dummies like myself! I try to update it daily with "guides", tips and tricks that I've learned while tampering with Ubuntu or that I've read on the web. Most experience users might find my blog useless, but your suggestions and comments are greatly appreciated! Help me improve my blog! Tell me what's good and what's not! and what should be fixed as well!

I know there are thousands of blogs about Ubuntu, but I like to help and be helped:D! So please visit my BLOG! (http://www.ubuntu-dawn.blogspot.com) called Ubuntu-Dawn!

Disclaimer: The name has absolutely NOTHING to do with AfterDawn...please read the first post called "Introduction to Ubuntu-Dawn"!

fedex1993
September 29th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Hi guys! I thought I'd post this here! Well, I've been working on a little Ubuntu blog for noobs and dummies like myself! I try to update it daily with "guides", tips and tricks that I've learned while tampering with Ubuntu or that I've read on the web. Most experience users might find my blog useless, but your suggestions and comments are greatly appreciated! Help me improve my blog! Tell me what's good and what's not! and what should be fixed as well!

I know there are thousands of blogs about Ubuntu, but I like to help and be helped:D! So please visit my BLOG! (http://www.ubuntu-dawn.blogspot.com) called Ubuntu-Dawn!

Disclaimer: The name has absolutely NOTHING to do with AfterDawn...please read the first post called "Introduction to Ubuntu-Dawn"!
you have the exact same laptop as mee SWEET.

Toshibawarrior
September 29th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Cool! I was hoping to make an Ubuntu-Install guide for Satellites with everything from LiveCD to needed packages to make it run a 100%, I guess I have a helper now! :D

Toshibawarrior
October 2nd, 2008, 02:10 AM
Hello?...No one else has any feedback?...I hope to hear from you guys soon! :popcorn:

earthpigg
October 2nd, 2008, 02:43 AM
i read it, and enjoyed it ;)

eragon100
October 2nd, 2008, 02:55 PM
Cool! I also have my Ubuntu / computer blog now, just started it three days ago, you can check it out here:

www.eragonshurtugal.punt.nl

Please take a look :D

Toshibawarrior
October 2nd, 2008, 05:13 PM
Thanks for your replies guys! I hope to keep improving and updating my blog with cool stuff as often as I can! Keep visiting!:)

billgoldberg
October 2nd, 2008, 06:07 PM
The header is too big.

The poll (iframe?) needs scrolling. That's not good.

The Ubuntu countdown is useless.

I don't know how much control you have over the blog, but if you can edit the template, I would make the content area a tad bigger.

Also there is a small red area on the bottom right of the second column that is red and doesn't have any content.

I would also change the background to something lighter, it will improve readability. That is if you can do that with blogger.
--

I haven't read the content, I'm not in the mood for reading large texts at the moment.

If you need ideas, feel free to visit my blog (signature).

Also feel free to copy past parts to your blog, but a link back would be nice if you decide to do so.

Toshibawarrior
October 10th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Bumpy! What do you guys think?...

I need more visitors!

BTW I replaced the header for another one a little smaller, but that's just transitory...I'm working on an original header made by me and a friend of mine who is a photo-freak. I hope to have the new header up in a few weeks since my friend has things to do, and I'm no good at photo editing. I just provided the parts for the header and he'll do the rest.

Comments welcome! :popcorn:

bp1509
October 10th, 2008, 10:14 PM
d

nowin4me
October 10th, 2008, 11:18 PM
I will vist it often. Looks like a good blog.

Thanks for the post

Toshibawarrior
October 11th, 2008, 12:32 AM
Thanks guys! I'll fix the red right away! :)

And thanks for visiting! I hope to be of assistance and I really hope I can update it as often as possible...everyday if I could! :popcorn:

Update: I fixed the red! I liked it red, but I want people to like my blog, so I changed it for a sky blueish...

Let me know what you think!

Toshibawarrior
October 11th, 2008, 10:13 PM
:popcorn: Has anyone else seen it?...I really want people to like my blog! :)

Toshibawarrior
October 13th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Ok, I took a shot on Inkscape and GIMP...and I made a somewhat BETA version of my blog's header! I hope you guys like it! If you have comments or suggestions post them on the comments section of the "Ubuntu Dawn's New Header" post! And remember to vote on both polls! Check it out!:popcorn:

Sporkman
October 14th, 2008, 03:28 AM
"Ubuntu Dawn".... Is that the one where Cuba invades the US & tries to force Americans to install Vista on their computers, but a small band of young locals band together to mount a rag-tag open source resistance...? And they call themselves the "Gnuverines" or something?

Toshibawarrior
October 14th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Ummm...lol...good idea. I could make an animation out of that. :popcorn:

Toshibawarrior
October 19th, 2008, 12:46 AM
Bumpy!!!

made some new posts! Check it out! I hope you guys like it!

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

malspa
October 19th, 2008, 01:28 AM
Looks nice!

Toshibawarrior
October 21st, 2008, 12:49 AM
Another B.U.M.P.! I know the new header is out of place, but the stupid template doesn't want to centralize it...

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know!

:popcorn:

Toshibawarrior
October 25th, 2008, 01:05 AM
:popcorn: Anyone else has something to comment?...

I'm adding a few posts in the next few days! Stay tuned!

Toshibawarrior
October 26th, 2008, 01:45 PM
BUMPITY-BUMP!!!

I don't wanna sound whiny but a little visit and comment on my blog every once in a while would be nice!

:popcorn:I'll be waiting!:)

Toshibawarrior
November 7th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Yo! Come on guys! There are a few new posts and a new poll (at the bottom of the blog)! Let me know what I should add/remove and if you like it or not!

I'll be waiting! :popcorn:

Toshibawarrior
December 7th, 2008, 08:41 PM
It's been a while since I've got visitors on my blog...I haven't been able to make updates for a while but I'm getting around to it...so come on! Check it out! I believe it'll help lots of people! :)!!

-grubby
December 7th, 2008, 08:52 PM
I know you have good intentions, but some people may take your bumping as spamming, which is kind of what it looks like.

Also: Your header is still waaaaay too big.

Toshibawarrior
December 7th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Sorry about that...I'd never spam a forum intentionally...I'm a moderator at a musician's forum and spammers die immediately.

I'm very sorry...it won't happen again. (Besides I haven't poste don this thread for more than a month...check the date)

And about the header: I haven't got around to fix it since Blogger keeps putting it where it wants...I cropped the picture and sclaed it and Blogger kept putting it all wrong...:(

Anyway...I hope people visit my blog...:)

-grubby
December 7th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Sorry about that...I'd never spam a forum intentionally...I'm a moderator at a musician's forum and spammers die immediately.

I'm very sorry...it won't happen again. (Besides I haven't poste don this thread for more than a month...check the date)

And about the header: I haven't got around to fix it since Blogger keeps putting it where it wants...I cropped the picture and sclaed it and Blogger kept putting it all wrong...:(

Anyway...I hope people visit my blog...:)

Heh, don't get too worked up about it, just warning you about that.

billgoldberg
December 8th, 2008, 12:00 AM
If I were you I would switch to wordpress asap.

A blogger site never looks quite a good (for variour reasons, the color schemes being one) than a wordpress one.

Toshibawarrior
December 10th, 2008, 10:36 PM
If I were you I would switch to wordpress asap.

A blogger site never looks quite a good (for variour reasons, the color schemes being one) than a wordpress one.

Thank you very much! Here's my new blog!

http://ubuntudawn.wordpress.com/

Please let me know what you think and give me all your feedback! :popcorn:!

I hope you guys like it!