PDA

View Full Version : Hi I am new.

Badojo
November 22nd, 2005, 01:18 AM
Hey I have been messing with linux a couple months now but I never really had it going well or even installed for that matter, I started out with Gentoo I realized that was way too advanced for me as a beginner so I switched to Debian and its kinda hard too. So someone told me that I should try Ubuntu so here I am and I ordered the free discs sooo we will see how it goes. So ill be posting here and stuff.

Ok I already got a question I know you can download many many many Linux Operating Systems for free and I plan to download them, problem is I dont know of any freeware for burning ISO files. Can somebody name a freeware burner that burns ISO images.

erikpiper
November 22nd, 2005, 01:24 AM
What CD burner do you have now?

(Free disks take a while....)

Badojo
November 22nd, 2005, 01:30 AM
Nothing really besides WMP and iTunes which dont burn ISO files lol, thats why I am asking for FREEWARE.

P.S. I just ordered that Ubuntu discs so I dont have it yet.

racecat
November 22nd, 2005, 03:31 AM
I know this one. Burnatonce. That is, I assume, you're using Windows. It detects the iso and burns it as an image. No setup, no muss, no fuss. It just works. Wow, this should be ported to Linux.

Bill

sapo
November 22nd, 2005, 03:34 AM
I think that almost all cd burners come with an app that burns isos, such as nero or easy cd creator.

jyank
November 22nd, 2005, 03:44 AM
http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd_decrypter.cfm

DVD Decrypter. I started using it a while back just to burn some DVDs and loved how easy it was to burn everything, so I started using it for all my .iso burning, so easy and works quick.

Put a CD/DVD in, go to iso > write select the file and there you go :)

racecat
November 22nd, 2005, 03:46 AM
I think that almost all cd burners come with an app that burns isos, such as nero or easy cd creator.

Yes, but I don't think they are free. He's a man (or woman) after my own heart! I like free. My wife says so.

Bill

sisiwong
November 22nd, 2005, 04:33 AM
hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:razz: