PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] how can i set password confirmation when leaving lock screen

--Meteor
September 29th, 2008, 09:55 AM
Hello everyone,I am a beginner with ubuntu and now I am using ubuntu 8.04. the problem how can I set password confirmation when leaving lock screen confuses me. If anyone know that ,please give me a hand! Thank you!:K:confused:

Rhubarb
September 29th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Hello everyone,I am a beginner with ubuntu and now I am using ubuntu 8.04. the problem how can I set password confirmation when leaving lock screen confuses me. If anyone know that ,please give me a hand! Thank you!:K:confused:
I'm a bit confused myself with regards to your question.
I'll try anyway, after locking your screen, and you want to unlock it, simply type in your password, and press enter. It's quite easy.

Locking your computer is a very good thing to do if you leave you computer alone for lunch break at work in an office job.

--Meteor
September 29th, 2008, 10:42 AM
I'm a bit confused myself with regards to your question.
I'll try anyway, after locking your screen, and you want to unlock it, simply type in your password, and press enter. It's quite easy.

Locking your computer is a very good thing to do if you leave you computer alone for lunch break at work in an office job.

I am sorry for my confused words. I mean that, when I unlock it, it doesn't ask me for typing in my password. How can I make it have the password confirmation.Thank you for your help!

Rhubarb
September 29th, 2008, 11:46 AM
I haven't come across this before, it's always just worked.
One thing you could try:

Press Alt + F2, type in: gconf-editor
Navigate to: apps --> gnome-power-manager --> lock

Then check to see if you get what I get there.
This might just work for you.

This thread might be of assistance too: http://linux.derkeiler.com/Mailing-Lists/SuSE/2008-07/msg02024.html

binbash
September 29th, 2008, 03:17 PM
You can do it via ubuntu-tweak

--Meteor
October 3rd, 2008, 04:32 AM
Thank you.I think there is still a long way for me to use ubuntu proficiently!

--Meteor
October 3rd, 2008, 04:53 AM
Now the problem is solved.The screen will not be locked for the root user!But I am root!Thank you!

Rhubarb
October 4th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Good to know --Meteor :D
I'm not sure how exactly it came to be for you, but it's good that it's all fixed now ;)

ubuchignome
April 17th, 2010, 02:13 PM
You want the screen to lock after a period of time of being idle? And you want to have to enter a password to unlock, is that what you are wanting to do. If so go to: System, preferences, screensaver and check the Lock screen when screen saver is active button. I hope this helps.

Have a good day!