PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] ubuntu noobs in need of help.assultcube

Nightfire3141
September 29th, 2008, 07:38 AM
can some please tell me how to install assultcube? i have the download but have no clue what to do from thier.

CLomax
September 29th, 2008, 07:42 AM
Download the two files from this page (http://www.getdeb.net/release/2569) assuming you're using 32-bit. Double click on the one which included "data" first.

Nightfire3141
September 29th, 2008, 08:34 AM
ok i have both of them but how do i install them? i click on the data file but it just sends me to a list of whats in the folder. witch one do i click on?

CLomax
September 29th, 2008, 01:32 PM
ok i have both of them but how do i install them? i click on the data file but it just sends me to a list of whats in the folder. witch one do i click on?

There should be a button on the top right of the window labeled "Install Package" or something along those lines (I'm at college right now). It should then do its thing. Once both packages are installed, there should be a shortcut for Assault Cube in Applications -> Games.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: I just assumed you are using 32-bit. Try the 64-bit packages if there's something wrong.

youngalfred
September 29th, 2008, 01:41 PM
go into the aussaultcube folder, and double click on aussault.sh > then click on run

Nightfire3141
October 1st, 2008, 07:55 AM
There should be a button on the top right of the window labeled "Install Package" or something along those lines (I'm at college right now). It should then do its thing. Once both packages are installed, there should be a shortcut for Assault Cube in Applications -> Games.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: I just assumed you are using 32-bit. Try the 64-bit packages if there's something wrong.

thank you so much for your help :)