PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installation Problem?

Aroko
September 29th, 2008, 07:25 AM
Hello everyone. I'm new to Ubuntu Studio, but not new to Ubuntu in general.

I downloaded the DVD iso (i386 version) from the site, burnt the disk, verified the disk, popped it in the computer, and checked the integrity of the disk from the menu. Everything passed so I went ahead and installed it.

I installed it fresh on my hard drive, I decided to use the entire drive for it, formatting and installing over what used to be a Vista computer. Everything goes perfect, and installs without a hiccup.

It pops the disk out, restarts and I get my cool Ubuntu Studio loading screen followed by the login screen. I log in, hear the nice login sound and then my problem arises. It hangs at a black screen, which is I guess, just before the desktop loads. I can still move the mouse, but its just on a black screen....nothing seems to work. And for some reason, I think at this point my keyboard stops working as well...all the lights go off (Caps lock and Num lock).

My computer is Pentium 4 3.2ghz with 2G of Ram, a Nvidia 7800GTX.
It's a desktop tower, not a laptop...there shouldn't be any previously installed software, other than what Ubuntu installs as the drive was just formatted. I chose to install all the available software aside from the video editing stuff, if that makes a difference.

Can anyone please help me figure this out? Please?

Stochastic
September 29th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Although this forum section is where most who use Ubuntu Studio gather to discuss technical issues, it sounds like you are having some hardware configuration issues. You're most likely to find help in the Installation & Upgrades section so I'm moving the thread over there.