PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Restoring splash screen

CharmCityCrab
September 28th, 2008, 06:40 PM
I installed a KDE desktop to use occasionally, and it has replaced my existing "Ubuntu" splash screen at boot with a "Kubuntu" screen, with that same bar at the bottom indicating it was working. The same is true when I tell it to shut down. Since I usually use gnome, I prefer the old Ubuntu splash screen. Anyone know how to restore the splash screen I want without removing KDE?

koba101
September 28th, 2008, 10:26 PM
install startup manager and startup-tasks, you can find the right configuration there i guess if not try removing the splash screen and then putting back again

CharmCityCrab
September 29th, 2008, 05:53 AM
install startup manager and startup-tasks, you can find the right configuration there

Thanks! :) There is an option in the startup manager gui you recommended to change what I was looking to change.

cptnfool
December 10th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Whats say I attempted to change it using terminal by changing the soft link at /etc/alternatives/usplash.so
I was hoping that if i pointed it at another theme, it would work, but now, linking it to the themes from /usr/lib/usplash, where the old and new ones are, seems to leave me with a broken softlink.
i tried using startup manager to fix this, but when it finds the broken softlink during setup, it exits.
Could anyone tell me how i could solve this problem and get my ubuntu logo back at boot? Thanks in advance