Free cake for all!!!

Happy now?

howefield
September 28th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Cheerio...

Shame it can't be worked out.

steveneddy
September 28th, 2008, 03:17 PM
I just find it funny that you claim you are going to leave the forums, but go on to make three posts after this one.

You said you were going leave the post before that also.

Personally, after reading many of your previous posts, you just need to calm down. Maybe leave the forums for a little while.

Go outside and do something.

Take a breath and go for a walk.

I think it is your tone that comes across as brash to some of us on the UF.

Just calm down and try to write in such a way as to be supportive without being condescending.

I've had a few spankings, too. We all have from time to time.

Take a break and come back with a fresh outlook.

Tell me, what part of Oklahoma are you from?

Frak
September 28th, 2008, 03:25 PM
You said you were going leave the post before that also.

From what I was told, some admin deleted that post "because it caused drama". Thought I'd try again and see if it was just me being rash.

Tell me, what part of Oklahoma are you from?

What the... why do you even care? Anyways, I'm British, I moved to Oklahoma with my family when I was about 11. Southern part.

ankursethi
September 28th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Hey, even I've got several notices from the admins about my behavior. Even got one of my posts jailed. Let it pass :)

steveneddy
September 28th, 2008, 03:31 PM
From what I was told, some admin deleted that post "because it caused drama". Thought I'd try again and see if it was just me being rash.

You don't have to be so rash, brash or dramatic about this stuff. There is no need for an "elitist" attitude here.

Just take some advice and calm down and pay attention to the tone of your posts.

What the... why do you even care? Anyways, I'm British, I moved to Oklahoma with my family when I was about 11. Southern part.Hmm...case in point.

I don't anymore. You are just plain rude!

It's just that I go to South Eastern and South Central Oklahoma often.

Just trying to make conversation.

Have a great weekend.

Frak
September 28th, 2008, 03:38 PM
There is no need for an "elitist" attitude here.

I'm not the one going around the forums saying "LINUX WINS ALL, W00T" or "WINDOWS PWNS TEH LINUXX". I've never really found why people took sides really. It's just a bundle of software, it really doesn't have "SUPR POWAZ!!1!one!".

Anyways, after I saw 3 very influential members basically either banned or harassed out, I changed my view of this place.

Closed_Port
September 28th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Just trying to make conversation.

If you really think attacking someone, asking someone why he isn't gone already, is a good way to make conversation, you should think again.

About the issue at hand. Can someone educate me about the relationship between this forum and Ubuntu and Canonical? Does Canonical have any say in the way this forum is run?

Northsider
September 28th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Sorry, to hear, I guess. I never had any problems... I got one notice from a mod and that was it, nothing major.

P.S. I've been a member of many many forums... never make a "leaving" or "going away" post. You will SURELY be back to post again...and it will make you look stupid. This thread alone you came back to post, if you were really leaving you wouldn't post anything at all and just leave. You are simply making this post to get attention and see who really cares about you or something. Who knows.. Well, I guess I'd say take care, good luck, sorry to see you go...but you really aren't leaving now are you?:)

Frak
September 28th, 2008, 03:43 PM
If you really think attacking someone, asking someone why he isn't gone already, is a good way to make conversation, you should think again.

About the issue at hand. Can someone educate me about the relationship between this forum and Ubuntu and Canonical? Does Canonical have any say in the way this forum is run?
The forum is run on Canonical's servers. They get whatever they want on a platter.

Frak
September 28th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Sorry, to hear, I guess. I never had any problems... I got one notice from a mod and that was it, nothing major.

P.S. I've been a member of many many forums... never make a "leaving" or "going away" post. You will SURELY be back to post again...and it will make you look stupid. This thread alone you came back to post, if you were really leaving you wouldn't post anything at all and just leave. You are simply making this post to get attention and see who really cares about you or something. Who knows.. Well, I guess I'd say take care, good luck, sorry to see you go...but you really aren't leaving now are you?:)
Since I'm talking, I might as well stroll (stroll, not troll, flamebaiters) around some.

EDIT
Look, I changed the subject to cake, look a bit better now?

Canis familiaris
September 28th, 2008, 03:45 PM

AFAIK Canonical has appointed the Forum Council which has the Adminstrators of the Ubuntu Forums as its members who manage this forum.
I doubt whether Canonical has any direct influence on the forum.

Northsider
September 28th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Since I'm talking, I might as well stroll (stroll, not troll, flamebaiters) around some.

Hey, I'm just pointing it out. I've seen it time and time and time again. Everyone that makes a thread like this always comes back. Always. At this point, I really don't see the point of you coming back to post. You made your statements in the first post.

Frak
September 28th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Hey, I'm just pointing it out. I've seen it time and time and time again. Everyone that makes a thread like this always comes back. Always. At this point, I really don't see the point of you coming back to post. You made your statements in the first post.
Guess I have nothing else to do but totally deny what I say. I do it a lot.

If you want to keep on with this, go ahead, I really have nothing else to do today.

Canis familiaris
September 28th, 2008, 03:49 PM
EDIT
Look, I changed the subject to cake, look a bit better now?
It looks great. Thanks for the Cake.

EDIT: This cake is a lie? (http://digg.com/xbox/The_Cake_is_a_Lie)

Frak
September 28th, 2008, 03:52 PM
It looks great. Thanks for the Cake.

EDIT: This cake is a lie? (http://digg.com/xbox/The_Cake_is_a_Lie)
Your leading me to this has forced me (i.e. I watched by my own will) still alive by GLaDOS which is now stuck in my head.

I must now hate you. Smite gun engaged.

Bang

howefield
September 28th, 2008, 03:55 PM

Rearrange these 3 words "kettle black pot"

Canis familiaris
September 28th, 2008, 03:56 PM

Cheezcake?

Frak
September 28th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Cheezcake?
Applesawce

Canis familiaris
September 28th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Cheezcake + Applesawce == WIN

danbuter
September 28th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Heck, I got a warning because I said that I wanted to see sexy pictures in a Ubuntu wallpaper thread. There are a few mods who have a very high opinion of themselves (or at least are offended extremely easily.

And I'll probably get in trouble for this post, as well. It's just an internet forum. In the long run, I really couldn't care less if I couldn't post here. There's plenty of other forums out there.

Frak
September 28th, 2008, 04:16 PM
Heck, I got a warning because I said that I wanted to see sexy pictures in a Ubuntu wallpaper thread. There are a few mods who have a very high opinion of themselves (or at least are offended extremely easily.

And I'll probably get in trouble for this post, as well. It's just an internet forum. In the long run, I really couldn't care less if I couldn't post here. There's plenty of other forums out there.
I calmed down, but I asked KiwiNZ why he had a dislike for me. Now I am just awaiting him to through down an infraction for insulting him somehow. I've been quoted out of context before for an infraction, there's a chance it'll happen again.

Closed_Port
September 28th, 2008, 04:42 PM

Two questions:
Did I claim anywhere I was just making conversation?
Where's my verb?

And of course:
Thanks to all who educated me about the relationship between Canonical and this forum.

Closed_Port
September 28th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Heck, I got a warning because I said that I wanted to see sexy pictures in a Ubuntu wallpaper thread.
Seriously?
That's hilarious, especially when considering that the first official Ubuntu wallpapers were photos of naked people.
:lolflag:

Frak
September 28th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Seriously?
That's hilarious, especially when considering that the first official Ubuntu wallpapers were photos of naked people.
:lolflag:
I got a warning for calling LaRoza a doodie head. I can show you the post if you want.

Frak
September 28th, 2008, 05:03 PM
I got a warning for calling LaRoza a doodie head. I can show you the post if you want.

Here it is

overdrank
September 28th, 2008, 05:13 PM
If you have issues with Admin or Mods then they should be discussed in the Resolution Center. Thread closed.