PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] Home Directory opens on startup

smirnoff76
September 28th, 2008, 02:11 PM
When I log in to my machine the home directory opens up in the file browser?

Any idea how to stop this as is starting to annoy me now?

Thanks in advance!

jebblue
September 28th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Close Nauilus then go to System | Preferences | Sessions | Session Options | Save.

Or open a Terminal and type gnome-session-save.

Log out and back in to be sure it worked.

mwillams73
March 15th, 2009, 11:57 PM
First off this thread is not solved!!!!!!!!!! I did what you said and now my home folder doesnt open when I restart or log out but now the terminal and firefox opens every time I logout or restart, What gives How do I get those to not open now?

mwillams73
March 16th, 2009, 12:08 AM
First off this thread is not solved!!!!!!!!!! I did what you said and now my home folder doesnt open when I restart or log out but now the terminal and firefox opens every time I logout or restart, What gives How do I get those to not open now?

Ok now I fixed it, I dont want ubuntu to remember what programs are running so when I fixed the terminal and ff opening I unchecked save running programs and then when I logged out and back in my home folder reappeared, so I guess I have to keep running programs saved huh? I wonder what caused this problem in the first place? Oh well I guess its a small thing everything else is working great so I cant really complain!! Sorry about posting this in a solved thread but the OP had the exact same problem as me and so instead of posting a dupe I tried your way out but I got something mixed up!!( still a newb at heart) Thanks very much for your help.