PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the p

accodata
September 28th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Hi

I have just installed Heron on my pc, when I went to install Java, it wouldn't allow me to press ok, at the end of the agreement.

I got this message,

E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.
E: _cache->open() failed, please report

I have no idea how to fix it. Could I please get some help.

with thanks

Tracey

lisati
September 28th, 2008, 11:20 AM
From a terminal (it's on the Applications->Accessories menu), type in
sudo dpkg --configure -a and press 'Enter'. It will ask for your password, which won't show as you type it in (as a security precaution) and press 'Enter"

accodata
September 28th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Thank you so much that is awesome, it works, BUT does that mean that Java needs to be installed again, or is it already installed?

with thanks

Tracey

lisati
September 28th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Thank you so much that is awesome, it works, BUT does that mean that Java needs to be installed again, or is it already installed?

with thanks

Tracey

To be honest, I'm not sure - it can depend on what's being installed when the error pops up. Anyone else got any thoughts?

overdrank
September 28th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Hi and yes you will need to install java again but when you see the ok button use the tab key to highlight and then enter. You should be good then. :)

WWSmith36
September 28th, 2008, 12:17 PM
This should cover everything

sudo dpkg --configure -a
sudo apt-get -f install
sudo apt-get --fix-missing install
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

Hope it helps

WWSmith36
September 28th, 2008, 12:18 PM
To install java

sudo aptitude install sun-java6-bin sun-java6-jre sun-java6-plugin

oldos2er
September 28th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Hi

I have just installed Heron on my pc, when I went to install Java, it wouldn't allow me to press ok, at the end of the agreement.

To move around in the ncurses terminal, use the Tab key or arrow keys. Use the space bar to highlight 'OK' then hit Enter.