PDA

View Full Version : are you a tea-aholic?

wolfen69
September 27th, 2008, 10:54 PM
i am. i drink at least 8 cups a day. it has to be decaf though, and it can be almost any kind. (orange pekoe, black, green, herbal) no milk or lemon, just 1 level teaspoon of sugar. anyone else share my love for tea? if so, what kind(s)?

lisati
September 27th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Used to be a tea-drinker, preferring it "white with one sugar". My current "poison of choice" is instant coffee, "black with one" - this saves having to have milk in the fridge which could go "off" from lack of use.

pp.
September 27th, 2008, 11:15 PM
this saves having to have milk in the fridge which could go "off" from lack of use.

The engineering solution to the rotting milk supply consists of raising milk consumption in the household. My wife uses all that milk so that I enjoy a constant supply of the little drops of fresh milk I need for my weekly cuppa. In electrical engineering, this is called 'shunting'.

I love tea, that is 'real tea'. I prefer the strong and tasteful brews from the Assam region, if possible from a single plantation.

Frak
September 27th, 2008, 11:19 PM
I drink tea like it's going away tomorrow.

wolfen69
September 27th, 2008, 11:29 PM
I love tea, that is 'real tea'. I prefer the strong and tasteful brews from the Assam region, if possible from a single plantation.

i'm afraid my taste for tea isn't as evolved as yours. i don't have alot of money, so i tend to stick to bagged tea.

Frak
September 27th, 2008, 11:34 PM
I too drink real tea. I order canisters of it. The cost is usually around $50 USD for 1-1/4 cups (10 ounces) of tea.

pp.
September 27th, 2008, 11:37 PM
i don't have alot of money, so i tend to stick to bagged tea.

There are some very nice brands of tea bags which will give a great cup. The main thing is the proper preparation.

Since restaurants have begun to bring a glass of formerly warm water and a tea bag to the table I have altogether stopped drinking tea in restaurants if I am not very certain of what I am going to get.

I don't spend an awful amount of money on tea. I drink it on weekends, mostly, and then only four cups during all of the weekend.

pp.
September 27th, 2008, 11:40 PM
The cost is usually around $50 USD for 1-1/4 cups (10 ounces) of tea.

from your signature: Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.

That must be quite some tea.

red_Marvin
September 27th, 2008, 11:41 PM
If at school I usually drink coffee, but if at home i can easily go through two thermos mugs (can hold ~4dl) in an afternoon.

Naiki Muliaina
September 27th, 2008, 11:42 PM
I used to drink 10+ cups of coffee a day, had to turn to tea for health reasons. Gotten a bit of a taste for funny flavoured teas. Doesnt bother me if its cheap or not, as long as it doesnt taste of socks ^^ I like liquorice teas. I get odd cravings for Twinnings Fennel tea. Good for the tummy im told.

K.Mandla
September 27th, 2008, 11:44 PM
About a liter a day, maybe more. Usually it's green tea or something like that. It's just the most common casual beverage here.

Frak
September 27th, 2008, 11:47 PM
from your signature: Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.

That must be quite some tea.
Tastes somewhat better than baged tea, but since it doesn't contact with air much, it's much more healthy.

Corfy
September 28th, 2008, 02:18 AM
I drink lots of tea, particularly iced tea (I only drink hot drinks during the winter, and even then, only occasionally). I usually drink decaf. Caffeine after 7 p.m. keeps me up at night, so I try to stay away from caffeine altogether if I can.

I can't stand coffee, however. My mom considers that fact a personal failing in her upbringing of me, but I can't stand the smell of it, let alone the taste.

But if all I had to drink for the rest of my life were decaf iced tea, caffeine free Diet Coke, and milk, I would be perfectly content.

SuperSonic4
September 28th, 2008, 02:21 AM
I drink tea like it's going away tomorrow.

I drink tea like it's going to go away tomorrow too but usually bagged tea.

Also, am I the only one who takes a sturdy thermos flask of tea with them wherever they go?

Breakfast tea for me, milk no sugar

Frak
September 28th, 2008, 02:26 AM
Also, am I the only one who takes a sturdy thermos flask of tea with them wherever they go?

I too carry a flask of tea. I can't stand to drink soft-drinks and water is too bland.

ad_267
September 28th, 2008, 02:30 AM
I like tea too. Usually just bagged English Breakfast with a bit of milk and no sugar. One or two cups a day, I guess that doesn't really make me a tea-aholic.

Dr Small
September 28th, 2008, 02:44 AM
I like mint too. Oh, so strong and beautiful smelling. Peppermint and Spearmint mixed together are wonderful. I am a coffee drinker too, but I love the rich taste of mint tea.

rzrgenesys187
September 28th, 2008, 02:46 AM
What's tea-ahol?

JetskiDude911
September 28th, 2008, 04:11 AM
I wouldn't say I'm a tea-aholic, but I do have to have something to drink during the day. Normally I drink coffee or tea, but sometimes I'll open a coke or something.

lemuriaX
September 28th, 2008, 04:21 AM
Earl Grey, English Breakfast and chai

wolfen69
September 28th, 2008, 05:52 AM

i do too.

usually the only thing that i'll drink beside tea, is sparkling water, and a little milk.

ssam
September 28th, 2008, 11:12 AM
http://www.vimeo.com/794351

szymon_g
September 28th, 2008, 11:17 AM
coffee, coffee, coffee - uber alles!

xpod
September 28th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Yup,copious amounts of tea & coffee are about the only thing i drink now-a-days.

lukjad
September 28th, 2008, 12:22 PM
White Tea is a favourate of mine. I am out away from an affordable means of getting hot water so I only drink tea in the mornings and afternoon.

steveneddy
September 28th, 2008, 10:27 PM
I just drink cold tea.

Southern Style.

Over ice with lemon and sugar.

DoktorSeven
September 28th, 2008, 10:49 PM
I am the complete opposite of a tea-aholic. Some sort of anti-tea being that treats that vile drink as if it were some sort of horrible poison.

Seriously, I can't stand tea. Any kind. I've had a lot of different kinds of tea prepared many different ways and they all taste horrible, like some sort of awful dirty water.

I'm not normal, am I?

paul101
September 28th, 2008, 10:54 PM
tea, 2 sugars and loads of milk

or a mean black coffee

gjoellee
September 28th, 2008, 10:55 PM
I don't like tea, but I drink it anyway

I prefer coffee though