PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Openoffice mouse pointer disappears in draw

mart_in_brasil
September 27th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Hi,

Using OpenOffice draw {2.4} on Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy the mouse pointer disappears when I try to draw anything. The other cursors for selecting/re-sizing etc.,. are available. The mark on the ruler for the XY position is updated OK.

I tried a couple of things, changing the System->Preferences->Appearance; both the complete theme and customizing the pointer inside the theme, {and restarting X to make sure the changes take effect}.

I do not know if this a theme problem or an OpenOffice problem. Since the cursor might be specific to that particular point in the Draw App it might be an OO problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Martin

jpeddicord
September 28th, 2008, 01:44 AM
Moved to Desktop Environments.

mart_in_brasil
September 28th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Also tried deleting the hidden .OpenOffice etc.,. working directory created in home

mart_in_brasil
October 2nd, 2008, 04:49 AM
More possibilities ...
I cannot get "Advanced Desktop Effects" to work
I am using OpenChrome for the VIA Chrome9 integrated graphics chip which is better than the standard vesa that was there before, though neither give "Advanced Desktop Effects"
I found I cannot install another mouse pointer theme.
Even using ~/.icons the pointer theme is found but selection has no effect.
In another thread I saw that someone mentioned that they could not install a pointer theme without "Advanced Desktop Effects"

My thought is that OpenOffice is trying to set a new pointer and this is being refused for the same reason I cannot manually install a pointer theme.

Any ideas?