PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] My Desktop freezes in the middle of installing UBUNTU 8.04

hajimow
September 27th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Hi,

I am new to UBUNTU. I have built my new PC and installed UBUNTU. It was easy but then when I installed flash,and some other programs, it started to freez my PC and then In decided to clean my 500G HD and install XP first. I bought another HD and I am trying to install UBUNTU on the new HD. I have tried more than 20 times and every time it freezes somehwere in the middle of installation. Now I using LIVE CD to run shred on my new HD and clean the debries from old UBUNTU installations but I don't know what is the problem. My new HD is a SATA 3 320G HD and I don't want to partition that HD. I just want to install UBUNTU on that. My system is:
Motherboard : BIOSTAR GF8200 M2
CPU : AMD Athlon 64x 2 +5000 2.6GH
Memory : 4G DDR2 800MHz
Mother board has graphic chip and I don't have any installed Graphic card. Graphic chip GEForce 8200.
I also have a PCI wireless card that even when I removed that, I got the same problem.
If you can help me please go in detail. I am new to UBUNTU.

Thanks

hajimow
September 29th, 2008, 01:54 AM
After trying to install more than 20 times that they all crashed and after I made another live CD and checked them and saw that there were no problems with CDs, made an alternative CD with 2x speed writing in making the CD and it worked. Now I don't know what was the problem. I have 4G memory installed in my PC so memory should not be any problem. Maybe I should have had made the CDs with slow writings.