PDA

View Full Version : So, what do you do and why you do it ? ;)

Louis de Broglie
September 27th, 2008, 08:30 AM
Hi,

I am a teenage boy and I severely like mathematics. But sometimes I get lost in myself. Sometimes I feel what's the purpose of this and that , i am just getting too much logical. Asking answers to everything. Yet when I fail to solve any problem, my spirit lowers down. I see other people doing this and that and having a lot of fun in their life. So how do you view the world in general ? :) What's your motivation behind all these ? :)
What do you do ? Do you know why you do it ? :) I made several answers to cool down my curious mind but none was strong enough. Let's hear what ubuntu community has to offer .:guitar:

mips
September 27th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Do what you enjoy.

Sometimes we don't always know the meaning & purpose of things in life, if we did I'm sure it would be boring :)

Life's a journey, enjoy the ride!

Louis de Broglie
September 27th, 2008, 08:39 AM
Ya, if people always wants answers then this world might become quite boring .:lolflag:

karellen
September 27th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Hi,

I am a teenage boy and I severely like mathematics. But sometimes I get lost in myself. Sometimes I feel what's the purpose of this and that , i am just getting too much logical. Asking answers to everything. Yet when I fail to solve any problem, my spirit lowers down. I see other people doing this and that and having a lot of fun in their life. So how do you view the world in general ? :) What's your motivation behind all these ? :)
What do you do ? Do you know why you do it ? :) I made several answers to cool down my curious mind but none was strong enough. Let's hear what ubuntu community has to offer .:guitar:

asking questions is good :) (I used to do it alot myself when I was your age), but finding the answers directly from your (present and future) life experience is even better. travel as often as you can, talk to intelligent people, read interesting books (about math, physics, history, computers and the other things that you like) and never stop being inquisitive. sometimes the chase is better than the catch

Louis de Broglie
September 27th, 2008, 08:49 AM
So, being busy with work helps to sort out such stuff ? :)
But unfortunately, my task is just think about a problem all the day until I get some idea. So it's difficult to put those thoughts away. I do enjoy it though :lolflag:

Louis de Broglie
September 27th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Wow. It's so nice to hear about life from wise people all over the world.:)

Louis de Broglie
September 27th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Come on, I think it's an important thing to share :KS

But before writing this thread, I thought about it and decided it does not go directly into those closed topics.:)

fatality_uk
September 27th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Existentialism at it's best... :D Nietzsche, get over here and have a word with these guys!!

Yet when I fail to solve any problem, my spirit lowers down Do you believe that Einstein woke up one morning Unified field theory popped into his head?

You will have times of utter desperation in your life. You will have times of immense joy. Enjoy both. Learn from one and soak up the other.

Louis de Broglie
September 27th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Thanks. Most of the time it's all agony but when you crack it, you can't describe it.:KS

I always try to cheer up from frustration which anyone like me must do to achieve success.So I guess I am getting cheered up with your help guys.

Do you believe that Einstein woke up one morning Unified field theory popped into his head?

Not at all, what would happen if he ride a motorcycle with the speed of light was his question from his childhood :)

mike1234
September 27th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Life is a Journey. Not a Destination.
~ Tarun Jacob

M.

mips
September 27th, 2008, 02:02 PM
But before writing this thread, I thought about it and decided it does not go directly into those closed topics.:)

Nothing wrong with that, just some of the replies but it looks like it's been cleaned up ;)

K.Mandla
September 27th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Please review the new description for the Community Cafe.

Almost any non-tech-support topic may be discussed here, other than religion, and politics that are not directly related to free and open source issues. Any topic or discussion that causes problems or drama will be closed.
If the thread wanders unacceptably again it will be closed.

steveneddy
September 27th, 2008, 02:58 PM
I do things that combine being able to put food on the table and pay for the house (primary focus) and what I enjoy.

I help businesses get started by creating productive avenues for them to generate revenue so they can pay bills and take care of their employees. Many new business owners get into a business that they know nothing about. I know small business related to the automotive industry. I make sure that you are looking at all avenues of revenue and make sure that the internal infrastructure is sound before moving on.

Above all else, if you do what you love, you will never have to work a day in your life.

I encourage you to go to college. That alone will set the stage for your future, especially at ages past 40.

Also remember that it isn't what you make, it's what you save.

If you get a small part time job at your age and start saving your money, all of it, now, you will have a healthy nest egg started by the time you get out of college.

Sorry for the advice if it wasn't warranted.

It is good that at your age you are looking towards your own future.

Louis de Broglie
September 27th, 2008, 04:38 PM
I encourage you to go to college. That alone will set the stage for your future, especially at ages past 40.

I just finished college. Looking forward to get into a major.:) It will be computer science or, mathematics but I have not decided yet. So what makes life different after ages past 40 ? :)

Everybody please keep religions and politics off from this thread. Let's discuss your job/hobby, why you do it, are you happy about it etc :) It's nice to see that ubuntu community has so diverse culture :)

steveneddy
September 27th, 2008, 04:45 PM
I just finished college. Looking forward to get into a major.:) It will be computer science or, mathematics but I have not decided yet. So what makes life different after ages past 40 ? :)

Everybody please keep religions and politics off from this thread. Let's discuss your job/hobby, why you do it, are you happy about it etc :) It's nice to see that ubuntu community has so diverse culture :)

In my opinion, after age 40, like I am, I have put in my time for other people and enjoy the fruits of my labor.

I worked hard while was young and now I can do what i want. I still work, but I can do what I want to for other people and not have the pressure of having to work for another person. If i wanted to stop working, which I do on occasion, I do.

After 40, you are most likely mature and have not only education, but you are "world wise". After 40, life just gets better.

Just my 2 cents.

fatality_uk
September 27th, 2008, 05:58 PM
After 40, life just gets better.

And because you have more money, chicks dig you :D :lol:

Tomosaur
September 27th, 2008, 06:47 PM
In the words of Mr John Lennon: 'Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans'.

While it's possible to think of this quote as negative - I see it as something very positive. If you find yourself getting frustrated thinking about something - just drop it and do something else. Very often the solution to your problem comes to you while you aren't even really thinking about it. It's like writing poetry or a song - it is almost impossible to force your brain to come up with something. Go out, find a place to relax, or try to meet some new people or something. The act of doing something allows your conscious mind to focus on something other than the problem at hand. Your unconscious will continue to work on the problem - maybe in a very abstract way, but more often than not, when you return to the problem you will find you have fresh insight into it. And to top it off, you've done something with your time other than just allowing yourself to get frustrated and upset.

So, while you were planning to solve a problem, life happened.

Louis de Broglie
September 27th, 2008, 07:15 PM
And to top it off, you've done something with your time other than just allowing yourself to get frustrated and upset.

Meaning starting this thread ? :) Yes, it is giving me advice I need to keep going :)

And because you have more money, chicks dig you

:lolflag: