PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] firefox troubles :- kindly help

AceDip
September 27th, 2008, 07:12 AM
when i start my firefox browser.
1. I cant use the back/forward buttons.they are totally deselected n cant use them.
2. When i click on the downloads button on the toolbar, the browser automatically closes.

frankleeee
September 27th, 2008, 07:20 AM
If your using the desktop effects it can get in the way of FF in some cases turn them off if they are on and try FF again

AceDip
September 27th, 2008, 07:24 AM
desktop effects meaning the 3D effects?
well i'm not using 3D effects.I just have the visual effects turned on because of the installed graphics card driver and they have been on from quite a long time now.but this problem has occurred today

AceDip
September 27th, 2008, 07:26 AM
and yeah another trouble
3. i can type into the google search toolbar but, nothing happens i can't search from there.I have to open the google website and then type in the search there.

frankleeee
September 27th, 2008, 07:31 AM
Did you install the latest update manager FF down load. Look in synaptic and see which version your running.

AceDip
September 27th, 2008, 07:37 AM
I am running 3.0.3 and i've tried getting the updates and reinstalled and also removed and then installed again,

frankleeee
September 27th, 2008, 07:42 AM
I am running 3.0

It might help to know which distribution your running, I am assuming Hardy check for any updates by running the update manager or in the terminal, there are later versions available in the repositories, I believe 3.0.3 is available. I'm not sure if this is a answer to your problem though. You might check for broken packaged in synaptic as well.

frankleeee
September 27th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Hopefully somebody who can help you will.

AceDip
September 27th, 2008, 07:51 AM
I am running 3.0.3 and have checked for broken packages, there are none.
Thankyou franklee anyways

frankleeee
September 27th, 2008, 08:06 AM
I am running 3.0.3 and have checked for broken packages, there are none.
Thankyou franklee anyways

I did receive a update yesterday then another about 6 hours ago, but I am running the straight Mozilla version of 3.0.3 on my laptop because it will only run gutsy, there may be another update coming your way but hasn't been uploaded to what ever depository your getting updates from.