PDA

View Full Version : Just a quick experiment with Evolution

mc4100
September 27th, 2008, 01:08 AM
As I understand it, Evolution is comparable with Outlook, in functionality and user interface: so I wondered if Evolutions UI wasn't as simple as it could be because it would hide all the features.
Personally I don't think I'm a power user, as I use Evolution just to look at Email, write a few and maybe forward some; however, I do make extensive use of message filters. This means I would prefer a simple looking Mail application, but still powerful.
... enter Mail.app ...
I've made a mock-up of Evolution that more resembles Apple's mail.app (how recent, I don't know ... I just Google'd "mail.app"). I'll attach it (simple.png); I didn't do too much, but I think it's an improvement. When I was done, however, I felt it was hiding features, so I made another one -- using bits of rhythmbox (evobox.png)
I'm curious as to who likes them, and which ones in particular. Or if they feel the original is already perfect.

doorknob60
September 27th, 2008, 01:16 AM
Looks nice, but I've never really like Evolution too much, I prefer Thunderbird, Kontact, and Gmail.com (if that counts).

mc4100
September 27th, 2008, 05:24 AM
Lol, I was wondering what email would be like with tabs, and voila; I've updated the concept of a simplified Evolution: