PDA

View Full Version : Asus Eee PC

ade234uk
September 26th, 2008, 05:48 PM
I like to listen to the football at the weekends. I bought an EeePC so I did not need to take my bulky laptop up to my girlfriends every weekend.

Anyway the site I use requires me to use Windows Media Player. Once at Windows Media Player I need to login again and download some stupid certificate. Is there anyway around this?

myusername
September 26th, 2008, 06:12 PM
I like to listen to the football at the weekends. I bought an EeePC so I did not need to take my bulky laptop up to my girlfriends every weekend.

Anyway the site I use requires me to use Windows Media Player. Once at Windows Media Player I need to login again and download some stupid certificate. Is there anyway around this?

i think you can run a version of windows media player in wine but im not sure

earthpigg
September 26th, 2008, 06:19 PM
what site do you use?

so we can try it out, etc.

ade234uk
September 26th, 2008, 06:22 PM
seagulls.co.uk

Trouble is you would need my username and password to login

earthpigg
September 26th, 2008, 06:24 PM
seagulls.co.uk

Trouble is you would need my username and password to login

i was planning on checking if there was a free sample thingie.

that being said,

Address Not Found

Firefox can't find the server at seagulls.co.uk.

ade234uk
September 26th, 2008, 06:38 PM
If I private message you with my username and password would you promise me not to steal it or share it?

earthpigg
September 26th, 2008, 06:44 PM
im probably not going to be able to fix it... im fairly noobish regarding this type of stuff.

i just wanted to satisfy my curiosity and see for myself that it does not work... cuz i've seen and taken care of certificate crap before without window's media player, just with default stuff on Ubuntu.

ade234uk
September 26th, 2008, 06:46 PM
I will give this Acer a go with it tommorow. Thank you for your help.