PDA

View Full Version : Linux Haters!

iampriteshdesai
September 26th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Friends, We all know some stupid slimy guy is maligning the image of Linux and Linux users (Lusers according to him).
He makes many baseless remarks against Linux. It would have been better to just ignore him, however he has resorted to misinformation and is spreading lies (such as Linux has copied M$ patents). Many wanna be linux users have been turned off by his anti-Linux propaganda.
It is high time some of us did something about it and took steps to properly inform people about Linux:
So I ask you to help me in this task.
I have stated a blog at http://www.ihatelinuxhaters.blogspot.com
The main aim of this blog will be to provide counter the stupid points made by Linux Hater, say if he complains about fonts in Linux, we will write a tutorial to use other fonts in Linux.
I am a 17 yr old student and do not always have time to write blogs. So I need your help, If you can write and want to write for this blog please contact me at iampriteshdesai@gmail.com
The blog will be ad free and any body can post on it. But the content has to be related to what propaganda he spreads on his website.

Joeb454
September 26th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Moved to Community Cafe - it's not a support request

Vince4Amy
September 26th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Friends, We all know some stupid slimy guy is maligning the image of Linux and Linux users (Lusers according to him).
He makes many baseless remarks against Linux. It would have been better to just ignore him, however he has resorted to misinformation and is spreading lies (such as Linux has copied M$ patents). Many wanna be linux users have been turned off by his anti-Linux propaganda.
It is high time some of us did something about it and took steps to properly inform people about Linux:
The main aim of this blog will be to provide counter the stupid points made by Linux Hater, say if he complains about fonts in Linux, we will write a tutorial to use other fonts in Linux.
I am a 17 yr old student and do not always have time to write blogs. So I need your help, If you can write and want to write for this blog please contact me at iampriteshdesai@gmail.com
The blog will be ad free and any body can post on it. But the content has to be related to what propaganda he spreads on his website.

I doubt that this will have any mass effects. Come on there are loads of Windows hating blogs out there, and I believe that you've misspelt Microsoft as M$.

I guess we'll have to make a Windows loving blog too, come on, people shouldn't get worked up over someone who doesn't like Linux and makes a website on it, it's not important.

DrMega
September 26th, 2008, 03:01 PM

I agree with the principle of what you are trying to achieve but I have doubts about your methods (I haven't seen yet, but from the tone of your post I have an idea:) ).

I think Linux users are often seen as geeks because some defend their OS too passionately. Countering a claim that Linux is rubbish with "no it isn't it is you that's stupid" (kind of attitude) only serves to reinforce the Linux haters misconceptions.

aaaantoine
September 26th, 2008, 03:02 PM
Don't hate. Love is more powerful.

Also don't hate haters. It's a waste of energy.

Dr Small
September 26th, 2008, 03:06 PM
don't hate. Love is more powerful.

+1

howefield
September 26th, 2008, 03:13 PM
...and I believe that you've misspelt Microsoft as M$. ..

haha, that's the trouble with fanboys of any persuasion, one is as bad as the other.

To each their own.,

DrMega
September 26th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Don't hate. Love is more powerful.

That's kind of what I was trying to say. You worded it better than I did:)

Giant Speck
September 26th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Best operating system ever: A piece of paper and pencil.

:)

But seriously, trying to stop the Linux vs. Windows argument is just like trying to win one side of the argument: it is futile and pointless.

ashmew2
September 26th, 2008, 04:01 PM
If someone wants to use Linux , let them use Linux.
If someone wants to use OS X , let them use OS X.
If someone wants to use Windows , let them use Windows.

Its all about personal choice..Let anyone flame against windows/linux/Mac , People will use what they wanna use..

JetskiDude911
September 26th, 2008, 04:13 PM
I think as long as you are using the operating system that does what you want, you're not doing anything wrong. If you're using an OS that doesn't do everything you need it to do, it's time to look into using something else. It doesn't matter what everyone else is using.

If Windows works for you, use Windows. If OS X works for you, use OS X, if Linux is what you want, use it.

There debates are pointless.