PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Heads-up - Ubuntu Firefox 3.0.2 breaks compatibility with some sites

neoanderthal
September 25th, 2008, 05:27 PM
This is just a heads-up - the Firefox update that was released yesterday (3.0.2 for x86 and AMD64) does not work at all with Microsoft's Office Live, and the Live webmail client is downgraded to lower functionality. Ubuntu Firefox 3.0.1 works with both sites correctly, and 3.0.2 from tarball on Mozilla.com also works correctly with both sites.

I suspect this isn't going to be an issue for many users, but I do know at least one user who couldn't access her business-management tools as a result.

I verified her problems with 3.0.2 on x86, and tested 3.0.2 on amd64 as well. I also verified that the tarball available from Mozilla.com works, so something specific to the Ubuntu packages released yesterday is causing the problem.

gaz

pluckypigeon
September 25th, 2008, 05:41 PM
This is just a heads-up - the Firefox update that was released yesterday (3.0.2 for x86 and AMD64) does not work at all with Microsoft's Office Live, and the Live webmail client is downgraded to lower functionality. Ubuntu Firefox 3.0.1 works with both sites correctly, and 3.0.2 from tarball on Mozilla.com also works correctly with both sites.

I suspect this isn't going to be an issue for many users, but I do know at least one user who couldn't access her business-management tools as a result.

I verified her problems with 3.0.2 on x86, and tested 3.0.2 on amd64 as well. I also verified that the tarball available from Mozilla.com works, so something specific to the Ubuntu packages released yesterday is causing the problem.

gaz

3.03 was released today

neoanderthal
September 25th, 2008, 07:09 PM
3.03 was released today

The x86 Firefox 3.0.3 also does not work correctly with this site. I'll have to test the amd64 bit, but I expect the same result.

marienvuik
February 19th, 2009, 03:00 AM
I'm having the same problem managing a couple of sites on the officelive platform.I actually reinstalled win7 on my laptop to get some updates done for a client.Very inconvenient to say the least.
I found a workaround solution .Install wine and install firefox for windows.
It is a bit slow but it works.I also tried firefox adon agentswitcher but that did not work .