PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Hardy: Adept stuck- Can't confirm EULA during install

mibadt
September 25th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Hi,
I downloaded the non-free Google Earth from within Adept into my Kubuntu Hardy. After it fully downloaded, installation got stuck in the 15% stage. Pressing "Show Details" revealed it's waiting for my approval of the EULA. I've tried every key combination I could think of, yet couldn't enlighten the OK "button" at the bottom of EULA.

I'm on KDE 4.1 if that matters.
Please advise how can I proceed?

Thanks

Michael Badt

soxs
September 25th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Type the following into a console
sudo apt-get install googleearth-4.3 googleearth-4.3-data
You can now accept the license via <enter> and switch the focus with <tab>

Edit:
in case you don't have medibuntu repositories enabled, use this to install debian packages:
sudo dpkg -i /path/to/deb/googeearth_something-arch.deb
<Note: always install "*-data" packages first

mibadt
September 25th, 2008, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the offer,
I've tried it and got the following errors:

E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (11 Resource temporarily unavailable)
E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), is another process using it?

I'm afraid if I touch the lock file I'll mess up further ADept operation.
Any idea?

Regards,

Michael Badt

soxs
September 25th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the offer,
I've tried it and got the following errors:

E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (11 Resource temporarily unavailable)
E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), is another process using it?

I'm afraid if I touch the lock file I'll mess up further ADept operation.
Any idea?

Regards,

Michael Badt
Try:

sudo apt-get install -f
this "should" fix it, if not, you still have the option to do it manually within console window and aptitude, in case you know which program messed it up:
sudo aptitude