PDA

View Full Version : Google's Project 10 to the 100th Thread

earthpigg
September 25th, 2008, 08:14 AM
http://www.project10tothe100.com/index.html

Project 10^100 (pronounced "Project 10 to the 100th") is a call for ideas to change the world by helping as many people as possible. Here's how to join in.

1. Send us your idea by October 20th.
Simply fill out the submission form giving us the gist of your idea. You can supplement your proposal with a 30-second video.

2. Voting on ideas begins on January 27th.
We'll post a selection of one hundred ideas and ask you, the public, to choose twenty semi-finalists. Then an advisory board will select up to five final ideas. Send me a reminder to vote.

3. We'll help bring these ideas to life.
We're committing $10 million to implement these projects, and our goal is to help as many people as possible. So remember, money may provide a jumpstart, but the idea is the thing.

Good luck, and may those who help the most win.

< Submit your idea (http://www.project10tothe100.com/index.html) >

mr.propre
September 25th, 2008, 09:38 AM
Just added my first idea. :lolflag:

earthpigg
September 25th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Just added my first idea. :lolflag:

what was it?

ive been sitting here racking my brain, and here is the best i have:

-invest in basic agricultural infrastructure in the fertile areas of Africa.

reason folks aren't doing this now, of course, is because North America and EU benefit from millions of starving Africans - a fertile Africa would screw up our lame farm subsidies. there really is no reason Africa should not be a net exporter of grain, rice, etc.

earthpigg
September 26th, 2008, 05:01 AM
blatant bump.

im kinda suprised there isn't more interest in this around here...

granted, $10 mil is a drop in the bucket - but thats how Ubuntu started.

blakjesus
September 27th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Haha, i was actually about to make a post about it before i saw yours. I want to submit something, but im still trying to figure out what i could suggest. :) I think its a pretty neat project but most likely, unless the project is super cheap. $10,000,000 Isn't going to cut it. :lolflag:

earthpigg
September 28th, 2008, 06:44 PM
one last bump, then i am declaring you all heretics.