PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Enabling Broadcom with no internet connection?

vidus
September 25th, 2008, 01:48 AM
Hello,
I currently dual boot xp and 8.04. My xp is messed, and I plan to wipe the drive and install 8.04 only. My question is, once installed, how can I enable my broadcom without an internet connection, my apartment offers wifi, but no wired connection.

I forget if it worked right out of the box on 8.04 when I originally installed, I don't remember what I did. I recall something called ndiswrapper, perhaps I used that. Is this something I could throw on a usb drive, install and be on my way without having to plug in?

Crafty Kisses
September 25th, 2008, 01:52 AM
Is there anyway you can post the results of this command:

lspci | grep Broadcom\ Corporation

RequinB4
September 25th, 2008, 01:55 AM
Hello,
I currently dual boot xp and 8.04. My xp is messed, and I plan to wipe the drive and install 8.04 only. My question is, once installed, how can I enable my broadcom without an internet connection, my apartment offers wifi, but no wired connection.

I forget if it worked right out of the box on 8.04 when I originally installed, I don't remember what I did. I recall something called ndiswrapper, perhaps I used that. Is this something I could throw on a usb drive, install and be on my way without having to plug in?

Yes. For any package it wants you to sudo apt-get install, you can get from packages.ubuntu.com and transfer via flash drive or CD or something:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=766560

vidus
September 25th, 2008, 02:15 AM
Is there anyway you can post the results of this command:

lspci | grep Broadcom\ Corporation

Broadcom Corporation BCM4318