PDA

View Full Version : My Idea for a short Linux Ad Series...

Presto123
September 24th, 2008, 05:18 AM
I actually have a pretty good (IMO) ad for Linux. Since everyone wants to do the "I'm a PC" spin-off, this one would be fitting.

PC: "I'm a PC..."
Mac: "I'm a Mac..."

*Sound coming from off-set*

PC & Mac stop for a moment and look around...then begin to speak again, but the camera goes out of focus and all you hear is mumbling.

*Another sound...this time it's somewhat obvious it's a penguin*

Camera clears up, but Mac & PC are still mumbling. A waddling shadow is starting to grow across the floor from left side...

*Another, louder, penguin sound*

PC & Mac stop talking and look...camera shifts to left side and you see the penguin staring at PC & Mac. PC & Mac get curious and walk over...penguin squawks and PC & Mac get excited and start mumbling to each other, obviously about the penguin.

Fade out. Display: www.ubuntu.com

Quick switch back to the scene...and PC pokes the penguin. *End*

(Curiosity will get people checking)

2nd ad to this is that PC & Mac are redoing the same commercial...same script...but right as they start to mumble you hear lots of penguins around. Camera shifts again to the left and there's a whole flock of penguins, staring again.

Penguins make questioning sounds...

PC & Mac are flustered...begin mumbling excitedly (& in a somewhat scared way)...

Fade out. Display: Are You Ready?
www.ubuntu.com

3rd ad is PC & Mac again redoing commercial and are agitated. They start, and before they get finished with the first two lines, they go blurry and start to mumble again.
*Penguin lauging in the background*
Camera turns, this time, to the right, and there's a CGI penguin behind the other camera...which it, in turn, turns back to the other camera; another penguin.

Scene switches to behind the crew which is entirely penguins to a TV showing the scene. Penguins start flashing peace signs, laughing, and goofing off.

Switches back to PC & Mac who's jaws have dropped and are staring at the penguins while they are having fun. *Few seconds of awkward scene of them staring*

Quick switch to tag screen (like a TV switching to snow):
Tag: (Need something here along the lines of "we can do what YOU can do")

myusername
September 24th, 2008, 05:23 AM
i liked the first idea the best. but maybe not ubuntu.com but something else cause the penquin is not the official logo of ubuntu

Presto123
September 24th, 2008, 05:28 AM
i liked the first idea the best. but maybe not ubuntu.com but something else cause the penquin is not the official logo of ubuntu

Yes...but it IS Linux. I DO get your point, though...it's just that Ubuntu would be the closest to fitting with people's idea of a "user friendly" distro. That, or OpenSuse...

Maybe distrowatch.org would work, but they would need a neater front page.

The major point is that if you have one MAJOR distro, I.E. Ubuntu, displayed, you could catch people's attention a bit better. The site is clean and friendly.

So, with Ubuntu, you could, of course, place a disclaimer that it is not the only Linux distro out there.

blattengel
January 11th, 2009, 07:39 AM
Camera turns, this time, to the right, and there's a CGI penguin behind the other camera...which it, in turn, turns back to the other camera; another penguin.

I laughed pretty hard on this one. Perhaps it could mean Linux is the one in power behind the scenes, outside of the public eye. Most servers run Linux right?

Awesome Ideas. I really liked the first and third ones.

There are some cool advertisements promoting Linux on youtube.com if you have not seen them.