PDA

View Full Version : How to be annoying when on instant messenger

jamieh
September 24th, 2008, 04:54 AM
How to be annoying while on instant messenger:

- Always say "huh? you there????" when your friend takes more than 5 seconds to type a message.
- make sure u nvr use full sentences, and nevr chek ur spelling
- Hit the "nudge" button as much as possible
- use annoying and hard-to-read fonts and colors
- Insist on using a friggen WEBCAM on an internet connection slower than my dead grandmother (sigh....)
- Always send those weird animations that take over the entire screen

Any other ideas? C'mon, lets banish all that "u, ur" crap :D :D

LaRoza
September 24th, 2008, 04:56 AM
How to be annoying while on instant messenger:

- Always say "huh? you there????" when your friend takes more than 5 seconds to type a message.

Type "no" when asked.

- make sure u nvr use full sentences, and nevr chek ur spelling

Don't answer them.

- Hit the "nudge" button as much as possible

What is that?

- use annoying and hard-to-read fonts and colors

Use Finch, like I do :-)

- Insist on using a friggen WEBCAM on an internet connection slower than my dead grandmother (sigh....)

Sorry about your grandmother (and your internet connection).

- Always send those weird animations that take over the entire screen

Use Finch.

RiceMonster
September 24th, 2008, 04:58 AM
Have a name filled with foreign characters that vaguely look like your name in the Roman Alphabet, also toped up with many emoticons.

Have custom emoticons that will pop up in the middle of words you type like "look" with two eyes in the middle.

jamieh
September 24th, 2008, 05:46 AM
Have a name filled with foreign characters that vaguely look like your name in the Roman Alphabet, also toped up with many emoticons.

Have custom emoticons that will pop up in the middle of words you type like "look" with two eyes in the middle.

Oh god I hate that!!
They constantly change it too so it takes time to figure out who it is.

myusername
September 24th, 2008, 05:51 AM
use LOL after every sentence no matter how serious the subject is

LaRoza
September 24th, 2008, 05:52 AM
use LOL after every sentence no matter how serious the subject is

Or when it is mundane.

NovaAesa
September 24th, 2008, 05:55 AM
make sure u nvr use full sentences, and nevr chek ur spelling
You're always going to get this things on IM. "u" and "ur" are a fair bit quicker to type, and the vast majority of people can understand what they mean. The other things you said though I have to agree with.

One thing that peeves me off on IM though, is when people put stuff other than their name or internet alias in their "name" field. You should put whatever other comment that you want everyone else to see IN YOU COMMENT SECTION!!

loell
September 24th, 2008, 05:56 AM
use the buzz button whenever you asked a question, like its always urgent.

Riffer
September 24th, 2008, 06:38 AM
use the buzz button whenever you asked a question, like its always urgent.

Theres a buzz button?

loell
September 24th, 2008, 07:30 AM
Theres a buzz button?

on real instant messengers.. yes :)

although in pidgin its /buzz or something else.

Northsider
September 24th, 2008, 05:35 PM
If anybody I new talked to me like that in any messenger...they wouldn't be on my list for very much longer.

SpenceMakesSense
September 24th, 2008, 05:39 PM
ask who the person is when its blatently obvious who it is. (like my friend whos aim sn is His first and last name)

god0fgod
September 24th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Log off and on rapidly.

Ms_Angel_D
September 24th, 2008, 06:11 PM
continually ask "are you there" even when the other person is offline so when they log back in they have 50-100 "are you there" offline messages.

aaaantoine
September 24th, 2008, 06:17 PM
continually ask "are you there" even when the other person is offline so when they log back in they have 50-100 "are you there" offline messages.

The fact that people can "appear" offline in most protocols only serves to exasperate this syndrome. Couple that with the fact that you can receive offline messages in most protocols, and you get what you have above.

jamieh
September 25th, 2008, 03:30 AM
Another one I hate is when the person logs off/leaves without saying anything like "bye"

RiceMonster
September 25th, 2008, 03:33 AM
Another one I hate is when the person logs off/leaves without saying anything like "bye"

Or if you haven't said anything to them in around an hour and then you get a message saying "brb" or "g2g bye"

macogw
September 25th, 2008, 03:38 AM
You're always going to get this things on IM. "u" and "ur" are a fair bit quicker to type, and the vast majority of people can understand what they mean. The other things you said though I have to agree with.

One thing that peeves me off on IM though, is when people put stuff other than their name or internet alias in their "name" field. You should put whatever other comment that you want everyone else to see IN YOU COMMENT SECTION!!
u
you
ur
your

Oh my god! I saved a whole 1/10 of a second by leaving off two whole letters! Seriously, there's no real time increase from leaving off a couple letters. I mean, I type 350+ char/min. What's 2 characters going to save me?

Kingsley
September 25th, 2008, 03:48 AM
My favorite form of annoying people on MSN Messenger was through the use of smiley bombs.

cardinals_fan
September 25th, 2008, 04:10 AM
I think the question is, how does one NOT be annoying when using an instant messenger...

Icehuck
September 25th, 2008, 04:15 AM
u
you
ur
your

Oh my god! I saved a whole 1/10 of a second by leaving off two whole letters! Seriously, there's no real time increase from leaving off a couple letters. I mean, I type 350+ char/min. What's 2 characters going to save me?

I'm betting you are not a two finger typist. When you have to stare at the keyboard and look for letters it definitely is faster.

bartos
September 25th, 2008, 08:26 AM

350/60=5.8333333333333333333333333333333 Characters a second
0.17142857142857142857142857142858 seconds per charcter *2
=0.34285714285714285714285714285716 seconds saved

Sorry at work having lunch.Bored :lolflag:

jamieh
September 26th, 2008, 07:21 AM
350/60=5.8333333333333333333333333333333 Characters a second
0.17142857142857142857142857142858 seconds per charcter *2
=0.34285714285714285714285714285716 seconds saved

Sorry at work having lunch.Bored :lolflag:

haha makes sense :)

OH, and people that use those giant custom smileys that are one letter and make it hard to read the rest of the word.

Example:
Look at my video on YouTube!

lisati
September 26th, 2008, 07:23 AM
When you don't get an immediate answer to a question you've asked by IM, send a bunch of emoticons..... a well chosen emoticon will distract them from how annoying it can be

SomeGuyDude
September 26th, 2008, 07:33 AM
the worst
is
people who
for some reason
insist
on typing
even a single sentence
on multiple lines

SomeGuyDude
September 26th, 2008, 07:42 AM
I'm betting you are not a two finger typist. When you have to stare at the keyboard and look for letters it definitely is faster.

So learn how to type.

Let's say you type 25wpm (not a bad rate for a hunt and peck typer). You have to write a 10 page paper for some reason. Average page with 12 point font and double-spacing puts about 400 words for page. 4000 words at 25wpm means that 160 minutes -> 2 hours and 40 minutes are just spent typing. I type 100 words a minute. 40 minutes typing.

Now let's extrapolate that. Let's say that, on average, you type somewhere in the area of 1000 words a day between IMs, email, forum posts, and work. 5000 words a week, 260000 a year. That means 10400 minutes per year just typing, about 173 hours.

If you can type 100wpm, that's only 2600 minutes, 43 hours. That's a difference of 130 hours, that's 5.4 solid days of time you're spending typing words that I'm not.

This is, of course, assuming a fixed rate of words, I could do the same exercise with the fixed time spent typing and show how much more typing you'd get done, but my point here was to emphasis efficiency.

EDIT: by the way, 1000 words isn't a lot. This post (counting this part at the end) is 235 words. So that's averaging just over four posts like this per day. That's all.

Greyed
September 26th, 2008, 07:49 AM

When you type u and ur when a hunt-and-peck typist it doesn't help you to learn how to type. Really, such shortcuts in typing is just plain rude. Millions of other people have mastered the skill to a level where they can touch type at least most of the time and with decent speed/accuracy. It took them months, if not years, of practice. The end result is people aren't forced to spend time figuring out what they're trying to say. In the end people who can't be bothered to learn how to type are essentially saying, "my time is more important than yours" because they can't be bothered to take the time learn how to type and so the people they converse with are bothered with having to take the time to decipher what these people are trying to say. PAH!

For the record I taught myself touch typing and I do it completely wrong. I have no concept of home rows nor do I restrict my fingers to certain letters. I sometimes use the thumb on the same finger to hit shift on a letter I want to alphabetize (I being a prime example) so I am not a hunt-and-peck typist but I'm not as fast as a traditionally trained typist could be either. Even then I spell them you and your.

As for the way to annoy me in AIM (aside from the above, clearly). pwn. You know, it was cute for about 10 minutes back when it first started to flitter around the on-line games almost 2 decades ago. It's time to let it die. Hell, I cannot even use the same word for "cool" now as I did when that vileness first appeared. Rad and Gnarly are dated thrice over. DIE, pwn, DIE!

Vince4Amy
September 26th, 2008, 07:59 AM
Use a font which is really obscure and not installed on many systems, it makes it easier to read after doesn't it /sarcasm.

ankursethi
September 26th, 2008, 08:12 AM
I use Adium on OSX and have a bunch of scripts that generate random messages.

/adams for a random Douglas Adams quote. Completely cryptic to somebody who hasn't read H2G2.
/holy for "holy <SOMETHING> Batman!", where SOMETHING is chosen at random.
/guy for a random family guy quote.
%bash for a random message from http://bash.org

When I don't want to talk, my usual IM session goes something like this :
/holy
/holy
/adams
%bash
/adams
/holy
/guy
%bash
%bash

People usually sign off after a few "/holy"s.

jamieh
September 28th, 2008, 04:28 AM
And for no reason at all, they start sending you random keyboard mashings

gkjdfnhjkdfg
gdfghdkjfghdf'
rhgiusdhfgurdhf
shgukrthgdg
rhgauewrhguaehrgerhgerg
grdhsthjyrtjytjty
jtyk
tyjkr
yj
sj
rt
jthethrthj
srt
j
ry
jryj

I know a few people that do that.

-grubby
September 28th, 2008, 04:33 AM
Sending bunches of random line breaks

somedude: hey
someguy:

someguy: pwned

RiceMonster
September 28th, 2008, 04:37 AM

I am a two finger typist (I know, I really should learn to type properly) and I don't find it any faster to use such stupid shortcuts as "u" and I can type without looking at the keyboard. In fact I typed all this without looking at the keyboard. I can type decently fast like this.

doorknob60
September 28th, 2008, 06:07 AM
And for no reason at all, they start sending you random keyboard mashings

gkjdfnhjkdfg
gdfghdkjfghdf'
rhgiusdhfgurdhf
shgukrthgdg
rhgauewrhguaehrgerhgerg
grdhsthjyrtjytjty
jtyk
tyjkr
yj
sj
rt
jthethrthj
srt
j
ry
jryj

I know a few people that do that.

Lol, my friend does that :P Whats annyoing is when they do that, then copy and paste it a bunch, then do it more, then repeat (gets really long after a while) One time me and my friend (who uses Vista) did that for a while on Skype (text chat), I crashed his computer :lolflag: He was on a brand new computer, and I was on an old P4 doing just fine :-P Yay for Linux!

3rdalbum
September 28th, 2008, 06:28 AM
My god, I just realised that one of my friends is the stereotypical worst ever IM'er. He sends the huge animations, the animation when he types two letter O's, he used to send nudges and buzzes all the while until I told him to stop, he uses red text, he goes online and offline quickly (and does 'appear offline' messaging and wonders why I can't respond!), and he uses emoticons in his handle.

I also have friends who use a million different garbage characters in their names.

I also hate it when the person puts their handle as a really crap song lyric, but doesn't actually include their name in their handle. Leaving you to guess from the e-mail address who it actually is.

Icehuck
September 28th, 2008, 06:44 AM
I am a two finger typist (I know, I really should learn to type properly) and I don't find it any faster to use such stupid shortcuts as "u" and I can type without looking at the keyboard. In fact I typed all this without looking at the keyboard. I can type decently fast like this.

A two finger typist is a person who doesn't know where the keys are. They stare at the keyboard and look for the letters and use either index finger to press the letter(hunt and peck). You obviously aren't a two finger typist since you can type without looking at the keyboard

RiceMonster
September 28th, 2008, 06:47 AM
A two finger typist is a person who doesn't know where the keys are. They stare at the keyboard and look for the letters and use either index finger to press the letter(hunt and peck). You obviously aren't a two finger typist since you can type without looking at the keyboard

Ah, I see. However, I actually do type with just two fingers, but it's definitely not hunt and peck.

LaRoza
September 28th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Randomly use words from another language, or use character sets from another language.

Ok, ok. I was doing this on IRC much to the dismay of the people who don't know Hindi...

(But it was fun. Randomly mixing words in)

JetskiDude911
September 28th, 2008, 09:14 AM
I agree mainly with the font one. I've had to ask people before to change their font or I wasn't going to be able to talk to them via IM.

Ms_Angel_D
September 28th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Type in Pig Latin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pig_Latin) and Actually think it's funny

Gutt
September 28th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Grab one of those annoying viruses that sends links to everyone online... like "Is this you ??? http://thisisnotavirus.com"

vishzilla
September 28th, 2008, 11:26 AM
by mirroring smileys like
(:
q:
(8

Sand & Mercury
September 28th, 2008, 11:39 AM
haha makes sense :)

OH, and people that use those giant custom smileys that are one letter and make it hard to read the rest of the word.

Example:
Look at my video on YouTube!

I've a good screenshot to illustrate that exact point. :redface: (Excuse the slight profanity)

Gutt
September 28th, 2008, 11:41 AM
I've a good screenshot to illustrate that exact point. :redface: (Excuse the slight profanity)

Poor you :( . I would have stopped the conversation ever since the beginning :lolflag:

Ms_Angel_D
September 28th, 2008, 11:42 AM

Yeah that crap is quite annoying to read.

Martje_001
September 28th, 2008, 12:12 PM
"I could barley read any of that for all the blinking sh*t"

Haha! Your the best!

Luckily I only have on friend who does that.. all my other friends don't mind to be cool (or whatever the reason is for typing that childish..)

andras artois
September 28th, 2008, 12:21 PM
and then OmfG

rudihawk
September 28th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Signing in and out...repeatedly.

lukjad007
September 28th, 2008, 02:37 PM
I surf in invisible mode. If I feel like talking to a friend, then I do. Otherwise I e-mail them.

urukrama
September 28th, 2008, 04:21 PM
You all seem to talk to some very weird people...

jamieh
September 28th, 2008, 09:15 PM
People that use foreign characters that barely look like ones from our alphabet. What the hell is this supposed to mean????? (Attached "Picture 1")

People that randomly sign off without saying bye ("Picture 2")

People that constantly change status for no reason (Picture 3)

People that sound like they need to visit a mental institution. (Picture 4)

LaRoza
September 28th, 2008, 10:13 PM
people that use foreign characters that barely look like ones from our alphabet. What the hell is this supposed to mean????? (attached "picture 1")

देवनागरी से जीत!

sleepingdragon
September 28th, 2008, 10:30 PM
Try delaying your answers to the previous post +1. It can get really confusing...

uberdonkey5
September 28th, 2008, 11:42 PM
I had a friend who said to me once 'can you just hang on a second'? After one hour (obviously I was doing something else during that time) they disconnected! I refused to chat to them on the internet again!

Don't use any of the MSN rubbish. Simple text, few smilies. If they don't respond I say.. 'you must be busy' and disconnect.

jamieh
September 29th, 2008, 12:06 AM
If they don't respond I say.. 'you must be busy' and disconnect.

Good idea, I'll try that :)

I also hate when people treat emails as IM messages. Sometimes I get like 15 emails from the same person saying "hello???", "answer!!", "REPLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

paul101
September 29th, 2008, 12:07 AM
Randomly use words from another language, or use character sets from another language.

Ok, ok. I was doing this on IRC much to the dismay of the people who don't know Hindi...

(But it was fun. Randomly mixing words in)

most of us are Langered ;)

scragar
September 29th, 2008, 12:58 AM
I've had half of these happen, honestly tough I don't know why people don't put spaces in their replacements, after all, what good is OK becoming some big flashing graphic if it makes the word "spoke" impossible to read, and as for the oo, well that's just annoying.

Oh, and I've started getting revenge on people, if they talk to me with stupid things like that too often I start empoying the "USE PHP and the GD lib localy to make a nice image with a transparant background and white text, then throw that on a page and send them a link" tactic, it works rather well(even better since I edited my code to let PHP use FTP to upload to my server), although some people send some gerbled mess afterwards, I'm not sure what they are trying to say then though, since they don't learn(so I don't, they stop MSNing me and start using email, which is smarter in the first place anyway, I check MSN maybe 2 times a day, I check my emails about 20 times an hour(which is about right, checkgmail loads it every 3 minutes, and I always know the isntant a new message has arived if I'm at the computer))

jamieh
September 29th, 2008, 04:33 AM
I had a friend who said to me once 'can you just hang on a second'? After one hour (obviously I was doing something else during that time) they disconnected! I refused to chat to them on the internet again!

Don't use any of the MSN rubbish. Simple text, few smilies. If they don't respond I say.. 'you must be busy' and disconnect.

Same thing happens with me! You sit there for an hour waiting for them to come back, then they sign off.......

JT9161
September 29th, 2008, 06:09 AM
Type in Binary, 01100110011011110111001000100000011101000110010101 1010000010000001101100011101010110110001111010

sleepingdragon
September 29th, 2008, 07:23 PM
If it's someone you don't really like, you can always go for the "surprise" sentence in the middle of a conversation - then apologise afterwards for posting into the wrong conversation window.

Me: Yeah, I'll think about going over there on friday. Should be a good day for it.
Him: Nice. Perhaps we can meet up then?
(damn) Me: It has to be a full moon, but you can sedate the goat if necessary.
Him: ????!!!!!
Me: Oh, sorry, wrong window. I was chatting to another friend. You still want to meet up?
Him: I think I've got other plans that day...
(Him disconnected)

jamieh
September 30th, 2008, 04:50 AM
If it's someone you don't really like, you can always go for the "surprise" sentence in the middle of a conversation - then apologise afterwards for posting into the wrong conversation window.

Me: Yeah, I'll think about going over there on friday. Should be a good day for it.
Me: Oh, sorry, wrong window. I was chatting to another friend. You still want to meet up?
(Him disconnected)

haha nice :)

Your sig confuses me.....

Ms_Angel_D
September 30th, 2008, 09:44 PM

(Him disconnected)

That made me LOL

bruce89
October 1st, 2008, 12:14 AM
That made me LOL

There's one of my dislikes.

Ms_Angel_D
October 1st, 2008, 12:18 AM
You dislike the fact that I found something funny and wished to say so?

bruce89
October 1st, 2008, 12:26 AM
You dislike the fact that I found something funny and wished to say so?

I do now.

mike1234
October 1st, 2008, 12:33 AM

Now I remember why I don't use IM, chat or IRC anymore.

M.

SomeGuyDude
October 1st, 2008, 01:01 AM
I'm colorblind, and goofy font/background color combos **** me off. Sometimes someone'll shoot something odd like green on brown at me and I quite literally can't see it.

Riffer
October 2nd, 2008, 01:04 AM
Now I remember why I don't use IM, chat or IRC anymore.

M.

+1 or myspace or facebook or or....

Polygon
October 2nd, 2008, 02:18 AM
on real instant messengers.. yes :)

although in pidgin its /buzz or something else.

the buzz nudge or whatever button in msn is quite possibly the most annoying thing ever. your surfing the web then suddenly a msn window pops up and some flash animation starts playing or your window starts spazzing out and your like OH MY JESUS WHAT IS GOING ON??? and then you find out its just msn and you have to go the hospital for a heart attack.

luckily, pidgin just says "someone send you a nudge!" and doesn't do any of that shaking crap

jamieh
October 4th, 2008, 01:55 AM
That made me LOL

Add "LOL" to my list of annoying messenger habits.

collinp
October 4th, 2008, 02:11 AM
the buzz nudge or whatever button in msn is quite possibly the most annoying thing ever. your surfing the web then suddenly a msn window pops up and some flash animation starts playing or your window starts spazzing out and your like OH MY JESUS WHAT IS GOING ON??? and then you find out its just msn and you have to go the hospital for a heart attack.

luckily, pidgin just says "someone send you a nudge!" and doesn't do any of that shaking crap

Who would have a heart attack over a MSN window freaking out? ^^

Dr Small
October 4th, 2008, 02:19 AM
Add "LOL" to my list of annoying messenger habits.
Also, add "YAY"...

jamieh
October 12th, 2008, 06:21 AM
- People that get all pissy if you don't answer when your status is "away"
- People that sign up for those free services that ask for your IM password, so they can spam your contacts
- People that start a group conversation with like 30 people that don't shut up, so pages and pages of text just fly by and you can't even read it
- People that randomly send you pictures over IM of a dancing pig they found on the internet *ahem*EMMA*ahem*

mrgnash
October 12th, 2008, 10:01 AM
I have encountered some of those things in the past, so that made me chuckle. These days, I only use Google Talk's web gadget or Finch, though. Also, I have cleaned up my contact list quite a bit over the years ;)

Dixon Bainbridge
October 12th, 2008, 10:07 AM
I have zero patience on messenger. As soon as anyone types LOL, OMG or anything with any kind of nerd abbreviation then its BLOCK. Email me if you want to talk to me and I might unblock you.

Also, if anyone ever uses the word "literally", you get blocked too, until a time when you look the word up in a dictionary and use it in its proper context.

:)

EdThaSlayer
October 12th, 2008, 10:28 AM
You could just-have one worded replies.
They say-"How are you?" you say, "fine", and then just wait till they say their next word such as "Is everything ok?" and you say, "yes".

:) That's pretty annoying right?

loell
October 12th, 2008, 11:15 AM
You could just-have one worded replies.
They say-"How are you?" you say, "fine", and then just wait till they say their next word such as "Is everything ok?" and you say, "yes".

:) That's pretty annoying right?

now lets not confuse boring from annoying. :lolflag:

quanumphaze
October 12th, 2008, 01:21 PM
- People that randomly send you pictures over IM of a dancing pig they found on the internet *ahem*EMMA*ahem*

At least your friend isn't perverted

scragar
October 12th, 2008, 01:31 PM
I was chatting a friend yesterday, name removed to protect him from any embarrassment or whatever.

(21:13:12) ****: U THER
(21:13:18) ****: HELLO
(21:13:26) ****: U THER
(21:13:31) ****: U THER
(21:13:35) ****: U THER
(21:13:39) ****: U THER
(21:13:42) ****: OI
(21:13:42) ****: OI
(21:13:43) ****: OI
(21:13:44) ****: OI
(21:13:44) ****: OI
(21:13:45) ****: OI
(21:13:46) ****: OI
(21:13:54) ****: ANSWA
.... CONVO cropped down, about 1 hour of him doing this same thing here ....
(21:56:04) scragar: back, w0w. bored much?
(21:56:06) ****: Y U NO ANSWA
(21:56:15) ****: HEY UR BAK
(21:56:21) ****: I G2G BED
(21:56:24) scragar: Erm, bye...?
I put up with that person for a few reasons, biggest one being that once you remind him to turn caps lock off(he's an idiot, he left capslock on when he set his password, so from now on he thinks he needs caps lock on to log on, which means till someone tells him to turn it off he doesn't realise, kinda sad really) he's a really nice person, a bit strange, but then who isn't?

jamieh
October 12th, 2008, 08:14 PM
At least your friend isn't perverted

Whoa how did you make those things in your signature?
And yeah I don't talk to perverts.

Mr. Picklesworth
October 12th, 2008, 08:27 PM

Two finger typing? That's nothing!

"I Ttype in IKM wiothn][ ,myn fo9 fist1"
(I type with my fist!)

Being annoying in IM conversations is even easier than that, though. Just run whatever you were going to say through Unintelligencer (http://unintelligencer.com/)...
Sample:
beeun annoyyyyyyyyyying in im conversattttions iz een easier hten dat, tho. jus run whatever u wurr going tew say threw unintelllllllligencer...

S0VERE1GN
October 12th, 2008, 08:32 PM
The Second someone IMs you to talk, you call them :)

Polygon
October 13th, 2008, 02:13 AM
I have zero patience on messenger. As soon as anyone types LOL, OMG or anything with any kind of nerd abbreviation then its BLOCK. Email me if you want to talk to me and I might unblock you.

Also, if anyone ever uses the word "literally", you get blocked too, until a time when you look the word up in a dictionary and use it in its proper context.

:)

Lol! like omg that is literally the worst reason to block someone on a instant messenger!

quanumphaze
October 13th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Whoa how did you make those things in your signature?
And yeah I don't talk to perverts.

I's magic

Go to Character Map in the menu and click on Common in the left thing, scroll down a few screens to get to the good stuff.

For the upside down text there is a site (http://www.revfad.com/flip.html) that basically does the same thing for you, converting regular letters into the upside down Unicode equivalents.
Coincidentally this would be annoying to your IM victim.

jamieh
October 15th, 2008, 07:57 PM
I's magic

Go to Character Map in the menu and click on Common in the left thing, scroll down a few screens to get to the good stuff.

For the upside down text there is a site (http://www.revfad.com/flip.html) that basically does the same thing for you, converting regular letters into the upside down Unicode equivalents.
Coincidentally this would be annoying to your IM victim.

dıʇ ǝɥʇ ɹoɟ sʞuɐɥʇ
looɔ os sı ʇɐɥʇ

jamieh
October 16th, 2008, 08:46 PM
People that phone you and say "Go on MSN"

jamieh
October 16th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Oh, and this could not be a more perfect example.

EDIT: Censored email addresses

scragar
October 16th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Oh, and this could not be a more perfect example.

I'd recomend editing that to remove emails, just in case.

And yeah, pretty good reason why it's marked as spam, personaly I'd have just ignored it, mail in my spam folder is there for a reason :P

jamieh
October 17th, 2008, 02:29 AM
I'd recomend editing that to remove emails, just in case.

And yeah, pretty good reason why it's marked as spam, personaly I'd have just ignored it, mail in my spam folder is there for a reason :P

Edited.
Thanks

cl0ckwork
October 27th, 2008, 08:24 PM
i love when people just respond with "lol" when they havents said anything in a while

or when someone IMs you to talk and only says about 3 things and wont respond after that

jamieh
October 27th, 2008, 09:01 PM
When you write an entire paragraph on what you did today, and the person simply replies with "lol" -_-

lukjad007
October 27th, 2008, 09:49 PM
When someone tells you to IM them instead of calling them, then starts getting mad because you IM them. :P

ajeffreys
October 27th, 2008, 10:22 PM
One annoying thing is to immediately log off when someone messages you, and than when you log back on accuse them of logging off.... somebody did that to me once several times over, and it was incredibly annoying.

IdiotWind
October 27th, 2008, 11:25 PM
Might have been covered before but:

When someone says "gotta go, bye" and doesn't give you a second to reply and say goodbye. Especially annoying when you are in the middle of typing a few sentences.

It just comes off as rude. I can maybe understand having to go in a hurry, but when you end every convo like that, you need to learn some e-manners or something.

avahi
April 17th, 2009, 02:51 AM
When people phone you and they are like "Go on MSN, I want to tell you something".

Start getting all pissy when we can't hold a constant conversation. I have better things to do than focus ALL my attention on you.

Spell something completely wrong and still expect me to know what you meant, then call me a "grammar freak" when I correct you.