PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] firefox question

The ragman
September 24th, 2008, 12:25 AM
I am having difficulties with ebay listings, using firefox on my ubuntu system laptop, but no problems with firefox on my W2000 laptop.

The problem is the way the page loads, instead of everything being in one column down the page, it has parts way over to the right, making it necessary to scroll right to read it. Anyone any idea why this would happen with firefox on my linux system, but not on the microsoft system?

Titan8990
September 24th, 2008, 12:31 AM
My guess would be the resolution is higher on one system than the other.

jemate18
September 24th, 2008, 12:34 AM
I am having difficulties with ebay listings, using firefox on my ubuntu system laptop, but no problems with firefox on my W2000 laptop.

The problem is the way the page loads, instead of everything being in one column down the page, it has parts way over to the right, making it necessary to scroll right to read it. Anyone any idea why this would happen with firefox on my linux system, but not on the microsoft system?

what is your screen resolution?

The ragman
September 24th, 2008, 12:45 AM
It doesn't make any difference with different resolutions - it is not all of the page that is off set, just the descriptions - they are listed way over to the right, with the item title centered on the screen as it should be. the screen resolution of the laptops is 1280 x 800 on both systems.

Frak
September 24th, 2008, 12:47 AM
Make the items on the page smaller (including text and images) with Ctrl -
or go to View -> Zoom -> Zoom out

See what happens.

nowshining
September 24th, 2008, 12:54 AM
is the version of FF both the same version on both computers??

The ragman
September 24th, 2008, 07:11 AM
Firefox is the latest on each of the computers, the only difference being the operating systems.

Changing text size only changes the text size, it still stays out of the screen until it is scrolled over.

Frak
September 24th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Firefox is the latest on each of the computers, the only difference being the operating systems.

Changing text size only changes the text size, it still stays out of the screen until it is scrolled over.
It changes all object sizes, including images, frames, containers, etc.

Anyways, that's all I had for an idea.

crjackson
September 24th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Go to view>zoom and tell it NOT to resize images. I can't remember the exact wording since I'm on a windows machine at work, but I had to do that too.

The ragman
September 25th, 2008, 10:59 PM
Thank you, though not solving the problem, it does make it more readable. I will keep looking for a total cure, but this is acceptable for the time being.