PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] My 'control' buttons don't work

ctothebizza
September 23rd, 2008, 10:20 PM
OK, I know this seems, silly, but for some reason, I can't get my control buttons to do what they are supposed to. For example, I can't ctr+c or ctr+v to copy and paste, and I can't use it to open new tabs and windows in firefox. I'm guessing that right now it is just assigned to do something else, but I looked everywhere I could think of and I couldn't find what it was. Any ideas?

drs305
September 23rd, 2008, 10:25 PM
For copy/paste in a terminal window, ubuntu uses CTRL-SHIFT-C and CTRL-SHIFT-V. You can also highlight to copy and then just middle click to paste. I am not sure if the situation you are having is in terminal or normal operations.

I am not sure about your other issue. You could open a terminal, start an app called "xev" and then hit the CTRL key to see if it is returning the CTRL code, if you are having problems using the CTRL key for everything.

ctothebizza
September 23rd, 2008, 10:43 PM
OK, The problem is not in terminal, in fact, I can push shift+Ctrl+c and it will work. Just everywhere else.(openoffice, pidgin, firefox, mail) I'm not sure where to look to see why it won't work. I restarted twice and that didn't help.