PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] Minimising Windows

ellalan
September 23rd, 2008, 06:43 PM
Hi
How can I minimise windows similar to the attachment(its not mine I used it as an example). TIA.

LowSky
September 23rd, 2008, 06:47 PM
Whats minimized in tha picture?

lswest
September 23rd, 2008, 06:48 PM
I think he's referring to the blind feature. Don't know if nautilus supports it, but emerald does. Check your emerald settings for bindings and window behaviour.

No wait, never mind, seems I misunderstood the picture. Please be clearer about what you want to achieve.

ellalan
September 23rd, 2008, 11:52 PM
Hi
these two items on the screen,buddy list and the estacey67.

jimmy the saint
September 24th, 2008, 12:08 AM
Those windows aren't minimized. Please describe what you are trying to do in more detail so that we can help you.

Bölvağur
September 24th, 2008, 12:25 AM
I think he's trying to minimize them, perhaps the buddy list doesnt show up on toolbar?

you can activate it by... uh.. not sure how to change program behavior with program that isnt made to do config that.. but it is doable.

ellalan
September 24th, 2008, 12:31 AM
What I am trying to achieve is, whether I could open two windows and make it look same as those two items. I do not want to minimise them. I mean re-sizing.

HittingSmoke
September 24th, 2008, 12:38 AM
What I am trying to achieve is, whether I could open two windows and make it look same as those two items. I do not want to minimise them. I mean re-sizing.

Resize? Do you mean you want that window theme? Like the glossy black look?

jimmy the saint
September 24th, 2008, 12:40 AM
Put your cursor down to the bottom right hand side of the window in question and the mouse will change. Hold down the mouse button and you will be able to resize the window. If the window is taking up the whole screen, then first go to the top right and click on the middle button, right between the X and the _ buttons.

ellalan
September 24th, 2008, 01:23 AM
Thank You all,this is all I have been trying,Sorry for not being able to make it clearer. Its very late over here in West Midlands.:)