PDA

View Full Version : Need suggestion for LAMP learning

fyplinux
September 23rd, 2008, 05:20 PM
Hi,

I am new to web development, I plan to start with learning the LAMP suite.

My question is, do I need to read any professional book like "Apache Server 2.0 Bible" to accomplish well with these software? If so, any suggestion on the books? OR, I just need to install these software, and then run them smoothly?

xlinuks
September 23rd, 2008, 05:31 PM
You don't need to learn books for professionals, if I were you I would first google for like "beginner PHP tutorial" I bet the first results will address your questions.

pmasiar
September 23rd, 2008, 05:38 PM
it depends (1) what are your current skills (languages you know etc), and (2) what are your future goals. Web development only? Universal language which can be used in web development?

fyplinux
September 23rd, 2008, 05:52 PM
You don't need to learn books for professionals, if I were you I would first google for like "beginner PHP tutorial" I bet the first results will address your questions.

Does this mean I only need to read some tutorials on web? supposing I am getting touch with it, I should know what else I want to know later on. prototyping?:d

it depends (1) what are your current skills (languages you know etc), and (2) what are your future goals. Web development only? Universal language which can be used in web development?

It's hard to describe what skill I have in detail, but I think I am not afraid of learning these new stuff, as I have ever touched some other programming languages and frameworks, I think this will help me to jump into LAMP.

For the next stage, I plan to develop a tipical management system(student information system??), involving the database, represented with PHP, etc.