PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Drupal

uppidada
September 23rd, 2008, 02:14 PM
Hi every1.... as i've copied drupal to /var/www ,and then in /var/www/drupal/sites/default/ chmod 777 settings.php.Then as i've tried to install drupal its giving me this error..!! plz help me..
"Your web server does not appear to support any common database types. Check with your hosting provider to see if they offer any databases that Drupal supports."

leg
September 23rd, 2008, 02:39 PM
Have you installed and turned on mysql?

uppidada
September 23rd, 2008, 03:13 PM
Yah brother.... Using other terminal i've started mysql ... But still the problem persists..

uppidada
September 23rd, 2008, 03:36 PM
Plz help me with this....

mevets
September 23rd, 2008, 03:52 PM
did you try installing drupal5 via apt? If you try via this method it may prove to be much easier

sudo apt-get install drupal5

uppidada
September 27th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Yah... even that doesn't work... I've configured drupal perfectly i suppose...
"Your web server does not appear to support any common database types. Check with your hosting provider to see if they offer any databases that Drupal supports." Even googling this isn't solving my pblm.... sumone plz help me with this....

Problem might have been with mysql... or is php posing any problem..??
I've opened up a another terminal and i've
1.create database abc;
2.use abc;

still the error comes...plz.. help me..

leg
September 27th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Are you pointing to the correct database in the settings.php file? You will need to set the database name and the mysql user to connect with in this file. Should look something like this.

$db_url = 'mysql://user:pass@localhost/drupal-default';
where user and pass states the username and password to be presented. @localhost states which host can connect and drupal-default is the name of the database. But to be honest the set up process should do this for you. Try adding this info manually into the settings.php to see what happens. Don't forget to swap your details for the username password and database.

uppidada
September 28th, 2008, 02:02 AM
Yah... This really worked... Thnkx fr ur help... But i would like to know why didn't this happen automatically....