PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] URGENT: Ubuntu errors while boot after fresh installs (pic included)

go_beep_yourself
September 23rd, 2008, 12:22 PM
Tried Ubuntu desktop and alternate installer with the same results. I disabled splash and quiet from the boot options and used my friends phone camera to take this picture of the errors. Booting stops here. Sorry I couldn't get a clearer picture with a phone, but I editted it with some software the best I could.

http://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=86168&d=1222169009

lukjad
September 23rd, 2008, 12:24 PM
Ummm... There's no pic.
Okay, it's there.

So, how long have you left it idle there? 30 min?

go_beep_yourself
September 23rd, 2008, 12:49 PM
Ummm... There's no pic.
Okay, it's there.

So, how long have you left it idle there? 30 min?

Tried leaving it there all night, happens every time.

lukjad
September 23rd, 2008, 01:43 PM
First, have you checked the cd for defects? Have you run a md5sum?

Can you boot to a live CD? First try an Ubuntu Live CD then another version of Linux.

go_beep_yourself
September 23rd, 2008, 08:05 PM
First, have you checked the cd for defects? Have you run a md5sum?

Can you boot to a live CD? First try an Ubuntu Live CD then another version of Linux.

This is my friends computer. He got the same problem with the live cd of 8.04.1 (desktop installer), and now I installed raid 0 with the alternate installer. All went well during the install, but it locks up the same during boot. He really likes Ubuntu, don't think he's going to want to switch distros. He's found it the easiest to use.

Before installing, when I got to the first menu, I choose "check cd for defects", and it said the cd was fine.

lukjad
September 23rd, 2008, 11:38 PM
Is this an older PC? If so, it may be that the hardware is not able to handle it. Can you boot to Ubuntu from a live cd?

go_beep_yourself
September 24th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Is this an older PC? If so, it may be that the hardware is not able to handle it. Can you boot to Ubuntu from a live cd?

No, it's a quad core intel 3ghz w/9 series nvidia card. I'm running ubuntu in raid 0 and it boots up fine now with agp=no added to the boot kernel parameter in grub.

lukjad
September 24th, 2008, 12:28 PM
All fixed? Great! Sorry I couldn't be of more help.