PDA

View Full Version : What do you eat for breakfast?

ankursethi
September 23rd, 2008, 10:43 AM
Seriously, I'm stumped. Most of the times, I just wash down a bowl of breakfast cereal with some milk and leave for college, but it's simply not enough. On weekends it's paranthas, but I'm getting tired of even those. I've stuffed them with everything I could think of, from potatoes to leftovers.

What do you eat for breakfast?

stokedfish
September 23rd, 2008, 10:49 AM
Cereals and a can of beer, usually.

LarsKongo
September 23rd, 2008, 11:26 AM
Muesli with milk/cream. I prefer the ones without sugar, fruits, or anything else. It keeps my stomach working during the day so I don't have to eat too often.

Bölvašur
September 23rd, 2008, 11:56 AM
leftovers or cerial with some sort of healthy sour milk, medium thick, with brown sugar.

kpkeerthi
September 23rd, 2008, 12:00 PM
Idlis or Dosas

DrMega
September 23rd, 2008, 12:02 PM
On a week day I have cereal or a light sandwich. On a weekend bacon sarnies are the order of the day, or better still, bacon and egg double decker (a bacon sandhich then a fried egg on top and then an extra slice of bread to hold it down.

Ms_Angel_D
September 23rd, 2008, 12:06 PM
Sometimes I like english muffins with flavored cream cheese Mostly strawberry cream cheese

DrMega
September 23rd, 2008, 12:09 PM
Sometimes I like english muffins with flavored cream cheese Mostly strawberry cream cheese

What are English muffins?

Tom Mann
September 23rd, 2008, 12:26 PM

That wouldn't be Special K and Heineken would it? :)

Ms_Angel_D
September 23rd, 2008, 12:28 PM
What are English muffins?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_muffins ;)

ZarathustraDK
September 23rd, 2008, 12:31 PM
Today I had fruit-salad. Cut up oranges, pears, apples, bananas and grapes. Whip some cream, mix everything with chocolate-bits and nuts, yummy.

But Usually I just have a cup of instant-coffee.

beercz
September 23rd, 2008, 12:33 PM
Muesli with milk/cream. I prefer the ones without sugar, fruits, or anything else. It keeps my stomach working during the day so I don't have to eat too often.
Same for me (muesli with milk though, not cream), + a glass of orange juice.

At weekends I sometimes have croissants or a bacon sandwich instead of muesli.

Oh, and a hot cup of coffee :-)

Aaaaahhhh coooofffffeeeee!!!!! (See my avatar!)

beercz
September 23rd, 2008, 12:34 PM
Idlis or Dosas
What are those?

beercz
September 23rd, 2008, 12:35 PM
There is no way I can have beer for breakfast!!

It should be illegal!!

vishzilla
September 23rd, 2008, 12:37 PM
What are those?

Wiki to the rescue http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idli http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dosa

beercz
September 23rd, 2008, 12:38 PM
Wiki to the rescue http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idli http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dosa

Le-Froid
September 23rd, 2008, 12:40 PM
Usually a cup of coffee. Sometimes a cereal bar when I have enough time.

michael@cgl
September 23rd, 2008, 12:46 PM
Scots Porridge Oats, milk and sugar

boobuntu
September 23rd, 2008, 12:53 PM
Usually I'm not hungry at all in the morning. I just force myself to eat a little cereal or muffin.

littletinman
September 23rd, 2008, 12:55 PM
Multi-Grain chereoes with Lactaid milk. (that is the most common breakfast for me)

Maybe eggs, but since i'm allergic to the non-free-range eggs, i don't eat eggs much.

Sometimes just a bagel and cheese.

On the very rare occasion, there will be pancake batter around that someone has made, then i'll use that.

That's about it.

billgoldberg
September 23rd, 2008, 01:00 PM
Seriously, I'm stumped. Most of the times, I just wash down a bowl of breakfast cereal with some milk and leave for college, but it's simply not enough. On weekends it's paranthas, but I'm getting tired of even those. I've stuffed them with everything I could think of, from potatoes to leftovers.

What do you eat for breakfast?

Bread with meat on it and coffee.

--

In the weekends I eat croissants with chocolate milk.

pelle.k
September 23rd, 2008, 01:01 PM
Yoghurt (or soured milk), muesli (müsli), and also a slice of what in english would be translated as "hard bread" (common in scandinavia, esp sweden) with some "kaviar" (not caviar as you think of it, but there are similarities).
Oh, and a large glass of water :)

noneofthem
September 23rd, 2008, 01:21 PM
coffee and cigarettes...

DrMega
September 23rd, 2008, 02:07 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_muffins ;)

I've been English all my life and I've never seen them:) From the picture they look a bit like crumpets.

Ms_Angel_D
September 23rd, 2008, 02:25 PM
I've been English all my life and I've never seen them:) From the picture they look a bit like crumpets.

I suppose they are..lol

A more bread-like version of the crumpet. They are simply referred to as muffins (sometimes breakfast muffins) in the UK and sometimes in Australia and New Zealand. Muffins are made with a soft, kneaded dough of flour, milk, yeast, sugar, and salt. This proofs (rises), is rolled out and formed into shape, and left to rise again. The muffins are typically cooked in an oven, but may be re-heated using a grill or toaster.

motang
September 23rd, 2008, 02:29 PM
Idlis or Dosas
That or rotis for me! :-D

Roti - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roti

ankursethi
September 23rd, 2008, 02:29 PM
Aha. Lots of new stuff there. There's a lot of it I haven't even heard of, although I have eaten a croissant without even knowing it. It's called a different name in India (marode, which literally means twisted).

Muesli looks especially good, mostly because it seems easy to prepare in a hurry. English muffins look scrumptious. I'm hitting the Interwebs for recipes.

I love idlis and dosas, but can you cook them up in less than 15 minutes? I had a friend who was South Indian, and a party at his house always included a sizable helping of idlis and/or dosas.

That or rotis for me!

You must realize this post was born out of severe annoyance at having to eat either roti-sabzi or some sort of parantha every morning :)

Anything else?

motang
September 23rd, 2008, 02:42 PM
You must realize this post was born out of severe annoyance at having to eat either roti-sabzi or some sort of parantha every morning :)

Anything else?
Haha...also I have bagels (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bagel) with cream cheese (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cream_cheese) and some fruit with it or Honey Nut Cheerios (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honey_Nut_Cheerios) with milk.

mc4100
September 23rd, 2008, 02:43 PM
coffee and cigarettes...
So I'm not the only one!

DrMega
September 23rd, 2008, 05:31 PM
Muesli looks especially good, mostly because it seems easy to prepare in a hurry.

Muesli might be nice if you are a rabbit:)

I personally find it to be a tasteless mush of chewy compost, but apparently it is very wholesome and healthy.

Mr. Picklesworth
September 23rd, 2008, 05:44 PM
Scrambled eggs & sausage, cheese & vegetable omellette because I never have ham (chives, mushrooms, onions, red peppers), blueberry muffins, spiced apple muffins, pancakes, eggs benedict (eg: poached egg with bacon and some cheese on the muffin)... porrige of course :)

Breakfasts are nice and easy to cook, (even from scratch), and having something warm makes a big difference!

Thanks for the links to Idli and Dosa. A South Indian style breakfast could be interesting!

lukjad
September 23rd, 2008, 05:59 PM
Eggs and Toast. Sometimes beans.

Toast and Jam. And peanut butter.

Porridge.

hessiess
September 23rd, 2008, 06:16 PM
nuthing usuily.

karellen
September 23rd, 2008, 06:23 PM
I usually don't. only coffee with lots of sugar :D

nowin4me
September 23rd, 2008, 08:45 PM
What ever is for luch is my breakfast.

IF I wake up early I make myself some toast.

nowin4me
September 23rd, 2008, 08:46 PM
What ever is for lunch is my breakfast.

SuperSonic4
September 23rd, 2008, 08:47 PM
What ever is for luch is my breakfast.

Seconded lol although lunch not luch :p

Gutt
September 23rd, 2008, 08:48 PM
Nothing :( , eating in the morning makes me sick :-P . So I just starve to death!

solarwind
September 23rd, 2008, 09:34 PM
Idlis or Dosas

Props man! Same here! With Sambar of course!

Lord Xeb
September 23rd, 2008, 10:51 PM
I usually have a bowl of cereal or I got to the gas station in the morning and get some chocolate doughnut gems and some chocolate milk :D

OutOfReach
September 23rd, 2008, 10:54 PM
Either cereal, usually Honey Nut Cheerios (Mmmm :) ).
Or a slice of bread with some peanut butter.

lisati
September 23rd, 2008, 11:01 PM
It varies. Sometimes it's just a cup of instant coffee, sometimes breakfast includes toast (favourite toppings include Marmite and Vegemite), and very occasionally it includes cereal.

They say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day: but I'm already fat enough, thank you!

Kingsley
September 23rd, 2008, 11:02 PM
I just skip breakfast since my classes start at 11 on MWF and 9:30 on TR.

lukjad
September 23rd, 2008, 11:12 PM
Does anyone know where I can find Vegemite in Canada?

Therion
September 23rd, 2008, 11:15 PM
Normally at that hour I like gorge to on the liver's of my fallen enemies and those that have opposed me.

With coffee, of course.

t0p
September 24th, 2008, 12:09 AM
Sometimes breakfast is just a cup of coffee.

If I wake up hungry, and I've got to rush out, I'll grab a snickers bar or something like that.

If I'm hungry and not in a rush, I'll saunter down to my local cafe and buy a big fried breakfast: baco, sausage, egg, beans, toast, cholesterol...

On the weekends and holidays, breakfast will often be a couple of bloody marys. Then I'll have a brunch of screwdrivers. :)

t0p
September 24th, 2008, 12:10 AM
I just skip breakfast since my classes start at 11 on MWF and 9:30 on TR.

MWF is monday wednesday friday, right? I got that.

But what's TR??

EDIT: TR - the rest?

lisati
September 24th, 2008, 12:12 AM
Does anyone know where I can find Vegemite in Canada?

one place: http://www.vegemite.com.au/vegemite/page?PagecRef=1

Skorzen
September 24th, 2008, 12:49 AM
Cereals with milk, obviously.

Kingsley
September 24th, 2008, 01:06 AM
MWF is monday wednesday friday, right? I got that.

But what's TR??

EDIT: TR - the rest?
T = Tuesday
R = Thursday

vikramaditya
September 24th, 2008, 06:41 PM
All-American breakfast
First, I slather lumps of lard into my electric deep fat fryer, sufficient to render approx 1 half gallon liquid. While the lard is heating to 325 fahrenheit, the fry basket is filled with thick-sliced bacon, sausage (patties & links), diced potato, & chopped onion. Once the lard is hot, the basket goes in for about 6 minutes, then 6 unbeaten eggs are added for the final 2 minutes. The cooked items are then artfully arranged on a large platter & hot lard is generously drizzled over everything, followed by salt, pepper, garlic powder, and grated parmesan cheese. This exquisite "feast for 1" is gobbled with heart-stopping haste & sluiced down with the tasty, leftover grease from the deep fryer. Finally, I dial 911 and order a paramedical rescue team to my residence, then slip into a cholesterol coma.

ounas
September 24th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Porridge as always, with rye bread

:)

markp1989
September 24th, 2008, 06:45 PM
i just have a cup of coffee, and im good to go

spupy
September 24th, 2008, 11:18 PM
I usually don't have time for breakfast in the morning. On the way to university/work I stop by the bakery and pick a bag of Kaiserbrötchen for under 1€.

richg
September 24th, 2008, 11:47 PM
Food.

Rich

Iceni
September 25th, 2008, 12:45 AM
banana+spinach shake usually.

croissants
November 27th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Hi!

Weekdays I have a bowl of cereal (I regularly change the brand, as it can be a little boring to eat the same one all the time). I go through a box of cereal in about 3 or 4 days, depending on whether I've eaten it during the day as well...I follow cereal with 2 pots of yoghurt, a full cup of coffee, and about 1/2 dozen biscuits. On the weekends I add a croissant (naturally!)

If there is fruit I will eat some as well. I usually take about 40 minutes for breakfast and I read the newspaper every morning.

I absolutely love breakfast as it's the only meal of the day where I get to eat my choice of naughty foods!!

Bon appetite,
C

Circus-Killer
November 27th, 2008, 02:03 PM
cup of coffee and a cigarette

xpod
November 27th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Nothing usually but if i did it would have to be...

Scots Porridge Oats, milk and sugar

Or would it be salt?
Now there`s a dilema.

cmay
November 27th, 2008, 02:50 PM
coffee and cigarettes first. then whatever. i have milk bread and nacho and taco or something i will eat it. i sometimes have some leftovers i can use . i like English style breakfast or toast or something like that. or pancakes. maybe get an apple and drill a hole in it and then fill nuts and honey or syrup in it and let it stand in a oven for fifteen minutes or so and then eat it. i sometimes eat popcorn and drink cola. but i always with out a doubt about it got to have my morning coffee and a stack of cigarettes before i wake up.

xpod
November 27th, 2008, 02:51 PM
coffee and cigarettes

oops,i do have breakfast after all it seems.

Dr Small
November 27th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Generally a bowl of Mini-wheats, or sometimes eggs and toast, depending on my appetite. Other times I eat nothing at all.

eternalnewbee
November 27th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Rice with minced meat and vegetables & fish sauce with chillies.

karellen
November 27th, 2008, 03:44 PM
coffee, cereals/musli and milk

Xzallion
November 27th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Pancackes or waffles with sausage.

Milk & Cereal.

Leftovers from last night.

Macaroni & Cheese.

Pop Tarts / Toaster Strudels

Sandwich: Peanut Butter & Jelly or Ham & Cheese.

Omelet with lots of ham.

I like to mix it up when I can eat breakfast. Normally my stomach is upset in the morning so I don't normally eat till a few hours after waking up and just skip breakfast and head straight to lunch.