PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] Eclipse 3.2 Fails to launch

openium
September 23rd, 2008, 05:55 AM
Hello, I used Eclipse very successfully for my first project, however as of today I can't get the program to open. It reports the following:

An error has occurred, see the log:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2008-09-22 23:49:42.509
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEWorkbenchAdvisor
at java.lang.Class.initializeClass(libgcj.so.81)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(IDE Application.java:96)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivato r$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:78)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseA ppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java: 92)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseA ppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:68)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.ru n(EclipseStarter.java:400)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.ru n(EclipseStarter.java:177)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(libgcj.so.81)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Mai n.java:336)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java: 280)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:977)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:952)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.core.resources.IContainer
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoa der.findClass(BundleLoader.java:402)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoa der.findClass(BundleLoader.java:347)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClass Loader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:83)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(libgcj.so.81)
at java.lang.Class.initializeClass(libgcj.so.81)
...11 more

I am using a gateway MT3707 laptop with dual boot of xp and ubuntu 8.0.4.1 I used synaptics to install the c++ package. Can anyone please suggest where to start to fix this problem? Thanks

Sef
September 23rd, 2008, 06:50 AM
Moved to Absolute Beginner.

openium
September 23rd, 2008, 05:15 PM
Well I figured out my own problem. Something had been corrupted with my workspace directory. Execute the following code in the terminal and restart eclipse:

mv workspace tempwork

It should be noted that you can restore your saved projects after eclipse boots successfully.