PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Bluetooth Booting Hang-Up

Muphin Man
September 23rd, 2008, 01:54 AM
Hey Ubuntu Forums,

I have a bit of a booting problem using my Ubuntu 8.04 disk that was mailed to me. It's not the disk's problem, as I have used disks that I have burned myself as well. It happens when I try to live boot, or even boot after I install Ubuntu for real. It gets to the orange bar that moves side to side, then moves on to the orange loading bar, but it stops a little bit from the end. After waiting about 5 minutes it switches to a text version of the boot showing what happened so far. Everything has a [OKAY] next to it except for the last one...

Starting Bluetooth

This is a totally custom made computer with these components:

MSI P6N SLI Platinum Motherboard
Intel Pentium E2160 Processor - 1.8Ghz (3.1Ghz OC)
nVidia XFX GeForce 8600GTS Graphics Card
Corsair DDR2 RAM 2GB
Western Digital Raptor 150GB 10,000 RPM Hard Drive
LITE-ON 20X DVD+R Drive

As my motherboard does not HAVE Bluetooth, I cannot disable it in the BIOS.

So, you see my predicament.

It should also be noted that this happens with ANY Linux distribution including Fedora.

Thanks in advance!

Muphin Man

Muphin Man
September 23rd, 2008, 02:17 AM
Bump...

Muphin Man
September 23rd, 2008, 03:15 AM
Bump...anybody?

Muphin Man
September 23rd, 2008, 11:56 AM
Bump...there's no way I'm the only one with this problem!

Muphin Man
September 23rd, 2008, 08:34 PM
Wow, some help you guys are...bump.

Plumtreed
September 23rd, 2008, 10:21 PM
It is difficult to understand what is going on. Normally, during the boot process, if Bluetooth is not found, a failure will be detected, noted and the process continues.

As I understand it, the boot process refuses to proceed at this point!

Please'cut & paste' the proceedings up to the 'failure', there may be a few attempts to establish a connection.

Lovejoy
October 1st, 2008, 06:19 AM
I had the same problem with 8.04 ubuntu. It seems to be a problem with the kernel and usb. I got past it by unplugging my usb connected periferrals. A more technical explanation is this: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/262927

brentwomble
November 12th, 2008, 11:25 PM
Same problem, about to switch to PS2 mouse and keyboard and try the install again. I'll get back with my results.