PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] use xubu ntu login windows

lance bermudez
September 23rd, 2008, 01:47 AM
I have xubuntu usplash install but would also like to have the xubuntu login window instead of ubuntu login window. How do I use the xubuntu login window that comes with xubuntu? Can it be copied from the xubuntu live cd?

jemate18
September 23rd, 2008, 01:56 AM
I have xubuntu usplash install but would also like to have the xubuntu login window instead of ubuntu login window. How do I use the xubuntu login window that comes with xubuntu? Can it be copied from the xubuntu live cd?

Tell me if I catch it right.....

You have installed UBUNTU....

However, you got tired of seeing the brown splash and brown login used by default by UBUNTU.

You want to use the splash and LogIn screen of XUBUNTU.

lance bermudez
September 23rd, 2008, 03:50 PM
Yes I do have ubuntu installed and would like to use the splash and LogIn screen of XUBUNTU. I got a copy from some forum but when i set it up to be used I lost the shutdown and restart opions from the log out button. To shut down or restartt I have to open terminal and type "sudo shutdown -h now" or "sudo shutdown -r now" is their a way to make a short cut that will do this when i click on it with out having to enter my password?

lance bermudez
September 25th, 2008, 12:13 AM
I got it working just by installing xubuntu-default-settings and making sure that the dmx or somthing like that was checked