PDA

View Full Version : Pay-as-you-go wireless data plan?

Mr. Picklesworth
September 23rd, 2008, 12:40 AM
I really like my Interwebs and want them with me at all times. (Especially having just discovered Gizmo and Skype. Hooray for incoming / outgoing calls being different, optional components!)

However, I really do not like monthly fees. Thus, I also like the idea of pay-as-you-go phone plans (when they are done nicely).

Finding a smooth combination of these two ideas is proving difficult. Is there a such thing as a pay as you go cell phone plan with well priced data tethering? Is there one without the phone part? (For example, Rogers and Telus both do WiMax, but their plan is a stupidly expensive monthly subscription).

I don't even mind where it is at this point; I just wonder whether such a thing exists at all :)

lukjad
September 23rd, 2008, 12:45 AM
I don't like pay as you go since you can get dinged for al lot of money if you don't keep careful score.

Novega
September 23rd, 2008, 03:00 AM
Good question, my little brother is in the market for a smartphone and he was thinking about getting an iphone from Rogers but the costs are just way too high.

I wonder if theres going to be any Google/Android phones available up here anytime soon? It would be sweet to see something like that available from Telus (they seem to have decent rates imo)