PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Metacity theme

Chamillionaire2
September 22nd, 2008, 07:54 PM
Hello,

OK i got emerald theme manager and it only chages the titlebar and some of da buttons.

i have a metacity theme i want to install but i dont know how.

Thanks Bye.

MfBdL7
September 22nd, 2008, 08:47 PM
to install a metacity theme go to system>preferances>appearance. find the theme you want and go to install ( bottem right), find the metacity .tar.gz and open and your GTG.

also.
use alt F2 and type metacity --replace to use metacity
and to swich back to emerald use emerald --replace

Chamillionaire2
September 22nd, 2008, 09:16 PM
to install a metacity theme go to system>preferances>appearance. find the theme you want and go to install ( bottem right), find the metacity .tar.gz and open and your GTG.

also.
use alt F2 and type metacity --replace to use metacity
and to swich back to emerald use emerald --replace

Ok Thanks i got the theme working partially.

the titlebar and the buttons are chaged. but the other panels are the same, i know i have to chage the icons myself but doest it chage the panels as well?

Thanks Bye.

MfBdL7
September 22nd, 2008, 09:45 PM
to change icons go back to preferances and (bottom right install) find the icon theme you want and open. go back to the them you want agian and click customize. findthe icon tab and you should see the one you want.

as far as the panelsgo you have a few options right click the pannel and go to properties choosethe background tab if none is selected it uses the theme you installed. you can also change the color or adan image.

mcduck
September 23rd, 2008, 07:59 AM
Metacity and Emerald are only window managers (well, actually Emerald is a window decorator, used by the Compiz window manager..) so their themes will only change window frames & buttons.

IF you want to change the way your applications look like, you need to use a different GTK2 theme ("Applications theme" in the Appearances.)

Some GTK2-themes include background pictures for panels, others just change the panel color. But you can always also change your panel's appearance independently, the panel's right-click menu includes options for color and transparency and also allows you to use any picture as panel background. Transparent PNGs work great.. ;)