PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Cd not working

baabu
September 22nd, 2008, 04:17 PM
Hello every one. i m a newbie to linux,i have downloaded the iso image for ubuntu desktop and burned it on the cd.The computer boots from the cd rom and only shows the welcome screen which has menu for installation,test cd and test memory and other stuff but when i press enter on the Install unbuntu nothing happens. can any one tell me the solution that how should i install? when i try to use the text mood and there i type linux it says kernel image not found :( any help or guide to solve this problem.
Best Regards
Baabu

oilchangeguy
September 22nd, 2008, 05:35 PM
Hello every one. i m a newbie to linux,i have downloaded the iso image for ubuntu desktop and burned it on the cd.The computer boots from the cd rom and only shows the welcome screen which has menu for installation,test cd and test memory and other stuff but when i press enter on the Install unbuntu nothing happens. can any one tell me the solution that how should i install? when i try to use the text mood and there i type linux it says kernel image not found :( any help or guide to solve this problem.
Best Regards
Baabu

computer specs, and version of ubuntu please.

baabu
September 23rd, 2008, 12:26 PM
Intel Celeron 1.8
256 Mb Ram
60 GB Hard disk
and ubuntu ubuntu-8.04.1

Sef
September 23rd, 2008, 02:32 PM
Instead of pressing install, go down the list to 'Check Disk for Errors'. Please, report back what it is says. Thank you.

oldos2er
September 23rd, 2008, 06:07 PM
Intel Celeron 1.8
256 Mb Ram
60 GB Hard disk
and ubuntu ubuntu-8.04.1

The Live cd requires 384MB RAM.

baabu
September 24th, 2008, 08:16 PM
ohh so isn't there anyother way of installing it on 256MB ? and Sef even if i check for errors it still does not responds. Nothing happens :(