PDA

View Full Version : Symbian VP attacks Linux for mobiles

bigbrovar
September 22nd, 2008, 12:23 PM
http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/symbian-vp-attacks-linux-for-mobiles-467460

personally i think there are just scared .. remember how the announcement of Android coincided with the decision to open up symbian .. Linux has shown that its performs better in the embedded space .. and the mobile platform .. would proof that once again

Ms_Angel_D
September 22nd, 2008, 12:46 PM
personally i think there are just scared .. remember how the announcement of Android coincided with the decision to open up symbian .. Linux has shown that its performs better in the embedded space .. and the mobile platform .. would proof that once again

I must say I agree with your opinion.

uberdonkey5
September 22nd, 2008, 12:50 PM

uberdonkey5
September 22nd, 2008, 12:51 PM
Yep, always best to judge someones comments by their motivation... but maybe we are slightly biased as well :) Unfortunately the best technology does not always work out... indeed marketing has more to do with success (vis. VHS vs betamax etc).

vishzilla
September 22nd, 2008, 02:10 PM
HTC Dream releasing tomorrow? Lets see how it turns out. It will really open the flood gates for Linux in the mobile industry. On a side-note, Symbian is scared!

zekopeko
September 22nd, 2008, 02:28 PM
hmmmm..... did they look the maemo platform? that thing is sick. qt and gtk+ DESKTOP apps on a mobile phone. there was a N810 running Kword.