PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Screen Resolution and enabling desktop effects HELP!!!

racsoarias
September 22nd, 2008, 06:06 AM
I am new at linux and I can't get 1024x860 resolution in my LG Studioworks 553V monitor, I plug other monitor and I got up to 1440x1024, now I am using my LG 553V at 832x624 75Hz and I can't stand it anymore and I have no idea what to do, please HELP!!!!!! I need an higher resolution, everything looks huge!!

Also, if anyone can help me, I want to enable desktop effects, this is my system information
MOTHERBOARD MODEL: BIOSTAR K8M800 Micro AM2
INTEGRATED VIDEO: VIA S3 UniChrome Pro, Memory Share Up to 64MB
There is one chipset I get to see: VT8237R PLUS, I think it is the responsible of making everything to work, nevertheless, if someone can help me I will appreciated it ... a lot... and I will get all the information needed.

Thank you :)

Ryadt
September 22nd, 2008, 06:09 AM
For your resolution, try
sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg

wolterh
September 22nd, 2008, 06:22 AM
Well, what Ryadt just posted will reset your configuration so that any error with your graphics card that you made would be restored as in a fresh installation of ubuntu.

Now, I think that the problem may be that your card is not fully supported by the OS; but, do not trust my word, for I am just guessing

racsoarias
September 22nd, 2008, 09:43 AM
It did not worked even when it was a fresh copy, How can I know if it is now fully supported? or even better, how can I make it work!?